Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Your Ready For Your Google Glasses?

Are Your Ready For Your Google Glasses?

I won't say that I completely believe this video is genuine aka not a joke but either way, it is the future of the web and the internet as we know it. We've all heard of the Lumus glasses (have we?) which allow you to watch TV on the go but I gotta say, if this video is true, I can hardly wait.

For what you ask? Well, I'm not too interested in wearing them and believe I might have passed to the other side before any of this becomes a reality, but I can just imagine what the world will be like when everyone does start wearing them (or a lot of teenagers and generation Y/Z'ers grow up).

Do you think it will be easy for these Google glasses (and other types of glasses) to become a reality? Every business owner has to subscribe (to a bunch of things and present tons of information) to be included in the "Glasses Results" - that may not be easy not, but in 20 years, will Google, search, social media and the internet be placed on the latter of importance before brushing your teeth? Possible. Federal and provincial governments and public services will have to work with Google (or other similar services) in order to semantically provide data that is relevant to the users experience.

There's that word semantic again! Watch the video:

Then there's the library upon library of information that needs to be gathered about almost everything on earth in order for all the functions on the glasses to work properly and efficiently.

I guess the easy stuff will be connection social accounts, uploading videos, making phone and video calls and more. And of course some, if not many people who watch this video and read this will be slightly or highly offended. I see what you mean but in the end this should be cool...
    Last edited by morestar; 04-04-2012 at 03:38 PM.

As as side note, I'm more curious on how this would work for people who wear glasses like myself. It seems that my internet would be all blurry and distorted, or I would be walking around with two pairs of glasses on at the same time.

And I hope to be on a beach somewhere for the winter communicating with the kids while I'm trolling the shores looking for lost treasure just beneath the surface while watching to make sure my stocks aren't tanking. I have 4 pair of glasses - all for different distances and situations required. And - the worst part is I can usually only find 2 pair at any one time. Actually this is a pretty feel-good vid. I almost want to watch it again. Good one Morestar.
    Markham Web Design Company. Why Responsive WordPress Web Design is important for business. Optimized Press Releases in Markham for better search results

When this tech was first being toyed with some 15 years ago the lenses were set up so that you could set the focus on them individually for the near field stuff. I think I still have a pair in a box somewhere. It shouldn't be too hard to add a prescription lens to the mix.
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGerencser View Post
    It shouldn't be too hard to add a prescription lens to the mix.
    I agree, if they've gotten this far with the technology, they won't stop at prescriptions. I think everything will start to culminate with our screens being projected into our retinas with mind control clicks and calls...

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Heaven help us if drivers wear such. It's bad enough now with those talking/texting/playing games on their cellphones while behind the wheel.

7. The following user agrees with deepsand:
    Never mind shaving, drinking coffee, eating breaky and reading the sports section at the stop light.
    Markham Web Design Company. Why Responsive WordPress Web Design is important for business. Optimized Press Releases in Markham for better search results

Google glasses are awesome i must want a one and hope the video is true.

WebProWorld MVP TrafficProducer's Avatar
    Last edited by morestar; 04-04-2012

April the First

Quote Originally Posted by morestar View Post
    I won't say that I completely believe this video is genuine aka not a joke but either way
    That's all I'm saying and hey, they are in some degree, a representation of the future of head-ware PCs...