Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMOZ Open Discussion

Hybrid View

DMOZ Open Discussion

Hi, I can not understand why one of my sites is never added to DMOZ, although I have reported several times in the course of the year ... The site is gamesover [dot] net
    Will not be a site very well done, but frankly in DMOZ are sites reviewed much worse
    European SEO Factory | http://www.gamesload.it/

Submit it and forget about it. Dmoz no longer carries the impact it used to have from a search perspective.

3. The following user agrees with SEOforGoogle:
    Unfortunately I sent the link a dozen times over 8 years, but no review .. but it is important to have a link in dmoz for a better PR?

How do you think spammers should be treated?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMirror View Post
    Unfortunately I sent the link a dozen times over 8 years,
    That is spamming. How do you think DMOZ should treat you for spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by martty View Post
    How do you think spammers should be treated?
    That is spamming. How do you think DMOZ should treat you for spamming?
    Can be considered as spam sent a request a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadders View Post
    You may as well submit your site once and then forget about it. There are far better ways of building back links to your site than spending time re-submitting urls. If you did not get in the first time then it is doubtful a re-submission will bring a different result unless your site has changed in a big way.
    Yes, actually the site has changed a lot, so it may also be taken into account

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyy View Post
    what it is it depends on moderator of each category- one is ok another lazy. maybe try to contact the mod directly?
    It might serve some purpose? Anyway i'll try
    Last edited by LD; 04-14-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by JackMirror View Post
    Can be considered as spam sent a request a year?
    Submitting once every 8 months (a dozen times in 8 years) is hardly a deluge and I don't agree that is spamming, but I don't think it will get you anywhere because my understanding is that each new application overwrites the previous one and goes to the bottom of the waiting list.
    But if you have been trying that long and still haven't got in perhaps it is time to accept that maybe they don't want your site in their directory?

Quote Originally Posted by ozsubasi View Post
    Submitting once every 8 months (a dozen times in 8 years) is hardly a deluge and I don't agree that is spamming, but I don't think it will get you anywhere because my understanding is that each new application overwrites the previous one and goes to the bottom of the waiting list.
    But if you have been trying that long and still haven't got in perhaps it is time to accept that maybe they don't want your site in their directory?
    and this is what you do not agree: it gives me deeply annoying little {explicative removed} a common publisher, maybe a little boy who understands the web there without me, can afford to judge my work and consider it not worthy of the directory
    Last edited by LD; 04-14-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: For this to continue, let's keep it clean, shall we?

From what I gather, inclusion in any number of directories, DMOZ or otherwise, is not a guarantee of better PR. The links from many/most are devalued to the point where they are just links; and, not regarded as high quality links, either. As suggested already, you've submitted, now forget it, and go for quality links from unique sites, not directories.

The value in directories boils down to exposure. That's about it. They 'may' generate traffic, so work with that premise in mind, not PR.

is true, in general directories provide traffic but rarely PR. I will focus on quality sites and blogs
    thanks

in my opinion dmoz still is a decent directory. I' ve managed to add one of my websites to it and I believe it helped me to rank, but then again had multiple sites I couldn't submit to it- don't know if I was a lucky with that one or what