Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Which Shopping Cart will meet our need?

Which Shopping Cart will meet our need?

We are completing a redesign of our website, getting rid of wordpress and preparing to offer a membership section where members can login, select countries and data formats and we will store the data and auto-generate their Access Control Lists each time we update our database (which is daily). We almost have this complete but we are down to deciding on a shopping cart/store.

We will be using Paypal's Website Payment Pro and Express Payments.

We do not want a traditional store front. WE want to integrate the shopping cart into our web pages. WE will primarily be selling access to our digital data, so we would like to capture enough information to create their membership account immediately after processing their order. As some customers will be renewing monthly we also need the option to allow recurring payments.

We are looking for some solid recommendations. So, any ideas? We want to launch the new website on April 5th.
    I use Hidden Content as added security for my networks and servers.

It sounds like two things are happening here - 1, you need a custom simple cart system so you can use it like you want, and 2, you are going to miss your deadline.

As for some of the things you need, the hardest is the ability to buy from any page. I know that Shopsite Pro can do this, but don't know of any other cart off the top of my head that allows this sort of functionality.
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo

WE still have hope of meeting our deadline. I'll take a look at the cart you mentioned.

best store software

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Manager View Post
    We are completing a redesign of our website, getting rid of wordpress and preparing to offer a membership section where members can login, select countries and data formats and we will store the data and auto-generate their Access Control Lists each time we update our database (which is daily). We almost have this complete but we are down to deciding on a shopping cart/store.

We will be using Paypal's Website Payment Pro and Express Payments.

We do not want a traditional store front. WE want to integrate the shopping cart into our web pages. WE will primarily be selling access to our digital data, so we would like to capture enough information to create their membership account immediately after processing their order. As some customers will be renewing monthly we also need the option to allow recurring payments.

We are looking for some solid recommendations. So, any ideas? We want to launch the new website on April 5th.
    I am a web developer for a small diesel parts company and we have 22 online stores total. I have tried everything known to man and found that Prestashop is my favorite. Here is why:
    1. Its completely FREE!
    2. Most hosts have installation that is automatic.
    3. It is super easy to customize, import products and add features, modules, graphics, sliders or just about anything.
    4. Custom templates allow you to have a new look in seconds.
    5. You do not have to code to build this site.
    6. I can put a store online, customize it, have online downloadable products or tangible shipped products and a custom template for under $127 a year with the SSL installed and on a dedicated IP with unlimited everything hosting plan and do it all in less than one hour!
    7. I can import everything about my products all from a microsoft excel or csv file in minutes, including images placed in an online folder.
    8. If there is anything I want it to do that it does not do already, I usually can find a matching module on the forum for free that does what I want.
    9. It is very robust, you can accept any credit card, online and off-line, you can accept google checkout or paypal too, there is NO LIMITS on the number of products, I have uploaded over 10,000 on one site with no problems, You can have downloadable products that can be downloaded any time the customer logs into their account for as long as you deem, the customer account gives them access to full order history with the ability to reorder with one click the entire last order or any past order, it retains tracking information and even keeps all the customer care coorespondance within the customers account so you can see all acct activity for that customer at a glance. You can do one click RMA/Refunds for returns, you can down load over 1,000 different reports from current visitors on the site to best products and profit margins. It includes a loyalty program that turns on and functions with one click (worked great for my customers who LOVE IT!), It has a built in follow up program that can send coupons when someone abandons a cart or when it is there birthday that can bring in sales. It has so much SEO built into the design that three of my sites just DOMINATE google only 5 days after it was launched. I can generate a product feed to google merchant for google shopping in less than 5 minutes the first time and it happens automatically each month after. It incorporates google analytics script for me, just need to put the account number in and the customer care and support you can get on the forum alone is so lighting fast if there are issues you can ALWAYS get help.. That have over 40 support forum monitors all over the world so you can even get help immediately at 4:00am if you want.

Prestashop is the bomb of all store software programs and if you want someone to help you put it together.. give me a buzz. 321.299.5796

here are some of my stores..sorry the forum made me edit the links, but, what do you think?

RVGoodiesDOTcom
    SPSTurboStoreDOTcom
    Stuff4ScubaDOTcom

I think we have decided to go with Zen Cart. It's free. It's robust, and we can make the modifications we need to be successful.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Last edited by Tech Manager; 04-03-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo