Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are footer back links effective in boosting up SERPs?

Are footer back links effective in boosting up SERPs?

When we install a free template from Wordpress, there is a footer back link to the author's site. My question is, are footer links still effective to boost SERP? Or does it pass the link juice, but the juice is devalued?
    Last edited by rah; 03-30-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Fix grammar for index.

All links are valuable one way or another. No need to fret about it any further than that.

3. The following user agrees with claybutler:
    alt
    Yes to both your questions.
    As long as it's not marked "nofollow" or a scripted "jump" link it is valuable for SEO purposes.
    Yes, because of it's location on a page it has been "de-valued" somewhat.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    It also depends on the quality and popularity of the site.
    There is no measure of "quality" or "popularity" below which link juice, be it PR or Link Profile, is not passed.

If the link can generate quality traffic to your site, even a "nofollow" link will do.
    The footer links cited by the OP are outbound, not inbound, so that they cannot drive traffic to his site.

Deepsand if you just deleted my post this forum is done in my eyes. Inbound and outbound links are the same in many regards. I will not tolerate mod abuse, and my advice to you if you wish to have anyone of any caliber contribute here is understand you don't make this forum what it is. There aren't hundreds of deepsands posting here...the users are what makes the content here. And your position is not to ruin their experience...if you can't deal with that, step down and give mod to someone who can, it's real simple.

And infact had you bothered to read what I said I answered the users question 100%.

OP's question
    When we install a free template from Wordpress, there is a footer back link to the author's site. My question is, are footer links still effective to boost SERP? Or does it pass the link juice, but the juice is devalued?

My answer
    As others have said all links have some value, many think that if a link is "nofollow" it has no weight, but that's not true at all. You need both nofollow and dofollow backlinks in your portfolio because it balances it out and makes it look natural. A footer link would definitely help that website.

So learn to read sir, you just lost a value contributor, good day.
    Last edited by GMT; 04-20-2012 at 10:18 PM.

You need both nofollow and dofollow backlinks in your portfolio because it balances it out and makes it look natural.
    Utter nonsense; OBLs are immaterial to a Domain's Link Profile. What looks unnatural is to have an undue proportion of IBLs that are not "nofollow."

Furthermore, "nofollow" links contribute to the Link Profile in the same manner as those not bearing "nofollow."
    Last edited by deepsand; 04-20-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    Utter nonsense; OBLs are immaterial to a Domain's Link Profile. What looks unnatural is to have an undue proportion of IBLs that are not "nofollow."
    The OP was not asking if his site will benefit from the footer link, he's asking if the receiving site will receive the benefit. ALT was just using the footer link on a WP site back to author as a reference point. I understood a a general question about the weight a footer link is given

9. The following user agrees with claybutler:
    In which case matters re. "balancing backlinks" are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by GMT View Post
    Deepsand if you just deleted my post this forum is done in my eyes. ... I will not tolerate mod abuse ... So learn to read sir
    Deepsand is not a moderator, and does not have the ability to delete your posts. Maybe you were not able to read his title?
    William Cross
    Hidden Content by Those Damn Coders
    Hidden Content because our constitution matters

Well Deepsand I apologize then, the email I got about it mentioned your nick so I assumed you were a moderator. Anyway considering my very first post was deleted here i'll take that as this forum isn't right for me. Wish you all the best, thanks.