Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Grey Hat Facebook Strategy To Build Popularity

A Grey Hat Facebook Strategy To Build Popularity

As Anthony (Tony) Robbins said in his book Unlimited Power - Emulate Success!

And so that's the idea we can keep with us while heading down road to success with Facebook marketing. The strategy is simple. If your (website and) Facebook page is about "transcendental meditation", simply find other Facebook pages on the same topic of meditation or transcendence and from there, emulate their success.

What that means is that you should Like the page, and if you find they have a decent sized following, stick around and see what they're doing to get so many comments, Likes and shares. If you find that your page on the same topic(s) is dry, try re-writing some of their posts in your own words and see what happens. At first it will take time but with perseverance you should find that people are beginning to digg your posts and arebecoming interested what you have to say.

Here's another example: let say you love Jennifer Lawrence with all your heart and mind and have decided to create a page after her, visit other pages related to the movie industry (and are even talking about her) and emulate the types of posts that those pages are posting. If those pages have found interesting Hollywood news articles about her and shared them, do the same (remember to revise).

Now some will attack this strategy as being dark and gloomy but the fact is that you're followers are their followers and so sharing the same type of information, on Facebook as another page is doing is quite alright.

My experiences and tests in this regard have proved positive and so in time you should see the popularity of your page increase if you apply them. Good luck!

If you've been doing this, share your experiences below. If you've tried other ways that have worked, let us know too!
    Last edited by morestar; 03-26-2012 at 02:47 PM.

I don't think this is a shady practice at all! That is exactly what businesses SHOULD be doing -as well as doing their own thing. The idea is to take the best ideas and incorporate them into your own strategy.

Anyone who thinks differently hasn't been around very long...and likely won't be...
    Marketing & Web Design Hidden Content
    Twitter: @JannMirch
    FB: Hidden Content

3. The following user agrees with jannmirch:
    Quote Originally Posted by jannmirch View Post
    Anyone who thinks differently hasn't been around very long...and likely won't be...
    Or likes to pretend otherwise or that they're original. Talk is cheap.

I recently brought a client's Likes up from 10 likes (only posting blog posts) to a nice 75 Likers within about two weeks. Some internet marketers out there have some great ideas and it's up to us to harness some of them and make them our own.

Great Facebook page there Jann...I love it..I liked it...good going

You can save a lot of time and money in general by just emulating (a more palatable term than 'copying') best of breed solutions. An example is if you run an online store. If you're a small guy and can only afford to buy an inexpensive shopping cart (usually hosted) then you're going to have to carefully compare feature sets to your needs among best-of-breed cart solutions. If you are a larger company you may be able to either afford a custom developed e-commerce system or extensive modifications to an existing one. Either way, you have to answer the question - what is the best way for the website to function to maximize sales? Well, someone else has already figured that out investing millions of dollars into research, development and testing. They're called Amazon.com. Just 'emulate' their feature set and the way they present and sell products as closely as possible (in addition to also selling directly on their site - realizing you will be giving them 15+ percent of your sales).

Emulate - I'm not sure if the original scriptors thought it a more palatable word than copying - either way. In this case it's about surpassing success and in the context of Tony Robbin's advice it has to do with success in general.

If A becomes successful do what A did, exactly. He used swimming divers as an example. If the first diver got 3 10s, and then second and third diver did exactly the same as the first, they should get 3 10s too.

And like 1027 alluded to, look at your business and see where you can improve by doing what other successful companies do.

I think a lot of web developers. designers and even SEOs/Internet marketers do this all the time so it's nothing new but with respect to Facebook pages, I say hey why not?

If you can't lead - follow
    In search of the self determined path

Guess we are likely to be followers to what others have proven the path of success. It is always said that why reinvent the wheel when things are already proven. But sometimes we need to think out of the box to further improve or otherwise just follow.

But with the current influx of facebook strategy, I am totally blown out. Really can't decide which way to go and how to apply them for my sites.
    Find Out More About Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Exploring, Hidden Content With Friends, Colleagues And Family Members In Relationships & Careers... Do you want a better lifestyle? Check it out today!

I feel this is the practice that has been around since ever. If you're a small business guy, and can't afford an advertising agency to generate sales leads for you. You just observe the big giants of your business niche to get some inspiration that what are they doing. What special are they offering to increase their sales? Why the customers trust their services/products? Then you apply the things to your business strategy learned from the observation.
    Yes, sometimes you need to think out of the box, but you dont need to reinvent the wheel every time.

That and at the same time, you're providing a genuine service to your fan base because most likely (and it's even fine if it's not) your fans are fans of other pages. Why not share the same info, event, thought, sale or special with your users like they do? There's no reason not to.

Although the strategy seems alright at first. But there is a loophole in this. For example you mentioned that you need to follow other successful sites, and do what they are doing. But the bigger question that arises is - how are you going to know their strategy, if they don't reveal that in public. To know that you have to do extensive research.