Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: How to make sure wordpress version and plugins up to date

How to make sure wordpress version and plugins up to date

I have a few wordpress powered sites about 15 to 20.

About 4 or 5 sites got hacked because I didn't update the wordpress and plugins regularly.

How do I get informed each time wordpress or plugins updates availabe?

How do I do that?

Thanks

This may seem obvious, but just log into the wp-admin area and look at the plugins page. It will tell you when updates are available for your installed plugins.

3. The following user agrees with rah:
    Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    This may seem obvious, but just log into the wp-admin area and look at the plugins page. It will tell you when updates are available for your installed plugins.
    Sure. I do that quite often esp after these bastard hackers attacked my sites. But can you log into your sites daily or weekly like that to check it out? If you have one site, that's fine, but if you have 25 to 50 sites, it would be difficult. It would be nice if auto email to tell me updates are available.

You'll have to. Your other choice is to convert them all to a Wordpress multisite install. That way you centralize the wp-admin area into one and then you only need to check one place for everything.

I did find a Wordpress update notifier for you. It should work.

Wordpress has a blog: wordpress News where they post updates to their software.

For the plugins, you'll have to check each dashboard. If you are using the same plugins across all your blogs then you only have to check 1.
    Hidden Content - Search engine friendly websites, ecommerce websites & blogs
    Hidden Content - Web page mistakes with solutions
    Hidden Content - HTML help to learn HTML basics

Nice find morestar. I wasn't aware of anything that actually did this.

Thanks Rah, almost the only plugin I haven't been able to find that was free was a plugin that would remove subscribers and only subscribers from the datebase. I found a hack but boy did it wreck the functionality of my site for a time - I guess it froze up cause there were so many (spammer) subs.

Quote Originally Posted by morestar View Post
    I did find a Wordpress update notifier for you. It should work.
    Many thanks. This plugin looks promising and it's also for plugin updates as well as wp core.

I use a Github repository to maintain all the plugins I use. I simply update from my local development environment, and pull changes to each site from the updated repo.

I've been looking into using Capistrano, but haven't yet had the time to really dig into it.
    I build custom WordPress themes and plugins with love, and occasionally post on Hidden Content about related topics. Hidden Content .