Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seo 89

Seo 89.5

To All,
    SEO has not basically changed in over 10 years.

The basics are -

Have content that is related to what the website is about
    Make sure your code is valid - html and CSS
    Take time to get links to or from similar or related sites

If you have the above then you are on the right track

It then gets complicated when you need to stand out from the crowd and there are plenty of stickies and advice to take you further thoughout this forum but the first rule is get the basics right

Regards
    Keith
    Last edited by Keimos; 04-01-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: grammar
    Keimos IT - Always learning something new each day
    Hidden Content , Hidden Content my hobby sites

Nofollow backlinks still carry much more juice than most people will have you believe.
    Hidden Content where to buy steroids online

Quote Originally Posted by Steroidjunkie View Post
    Nofollow backlinks still carry much more juice than most people will have you believe.

If you believe what Matt Cutts says...

How does Google handle nofollowed links?

In general, we don't follow them. This means that Google does not transfer PageRank or anchor text across these links. Essentially, using nofollow causes us to drop the target links from our overall graph of the web. However, the target pages may still appear in our index if other sites link to them without using nofollow, or if the URLs are submitted to Google in a Sitemap. Also, it's important to note that other search engines may handle nofollow in slightly different ways...
    Yes, it's a couple years old
    Hidden Content Solutions in Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design for business
    Hidden Content - Spread your business message locally and around the world!

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroidjunkie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    If you believe what Matt Cutts says...

Yes, it's a couple years old
    With respect to Google, once the target page is indexed, a "nofollow" link carries the same "link juice" with respect to its effect on the Link Profile of the target DN as does a link not bearing "nofollow."

You need both for a good Seo campaign: nofollow and dofollow links. In fact all the links are dofollow, nofollow it's only an attribute to stop the PR. I think that it's better to create dofollow links with the keywords you want to rank as anchor text and a ton of nofollow links on related sites from where you can get a lot of direct traffic. At end of the day you only need traffic to earn money from your articles, products, services...

Quote Originally Posted by addlinkweb
    Its a waste of time in getting a nofollow link, it better to use our precious time in making quality dofollow back links. Remember Google wants Quality not Quantity
    How is it that one shilling for a link building service is so utterly clueless about the subject?

"Better to remain silent, and be thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by deepsand; 04-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.

what if i post my link to high rank website but they treat my link as 'rel=nofollow'

what if i post my link to high rank website but they treat my link as 'rel=nofollow' than how much useful to post link there ?

Quote Originally Posted by amitshah02 View Post
    what if i post my link to high rank website but they treat my link as 'rel=nofollow' than how much useful to post link there ?
    Well, one reason to take a backlink even if it's "nofollow", is that your link profile increases for one, and you could also end up with some residual traffic. The best advice I've heard and taken to heart, is not to avoid or underestimate the value of any link that makes sense and not to focus on whether a link is nofollow or not.
    Hidden Content Solutions in Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design for business
    Hidden Content - Spread your business message locally and around the world!

9. The Following 2 users agree with LD:

It's just as useful, honestly. Nofollow links should be just as frequent as dofollow. Even though it's not crawled (or measured at least) by spiders, it's still a link that people will see. It's counts towards your link profile and people can still go to your site from that link (whether bots use it for PR or not). You have to remember that bots, SEs and crawlers aren't the only ones looking for links to your sites.. clients, viewers, customers etc wont generally care or even know if the link they clicked to your site is dofollow or nofollow.