Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xp or win7 or win8?

xp or win7 or win8?

I have been using windows xp since I have a laptop when the friends around me changed to use win7 and I know now the win8 will turn out.However, in fact, I can't change my choice because I think win7 has some darwbacks such as failing to install some softwares. Therefore,what do you think about it?can you give up xp which accompany so many years and using win7 or win8?

Quote Originally Posted by lyan View Post
    I have been using windows xp since I have a laptop when the friends around me changed to use win7 and I know now the win8 will turn out.However, in fact, I can't change my choice because I think win7 has some darwbacks such as failing to install some softwares. Therefore,what do you think about it?can you give up xp which accompany so many years and using win7 or win8?
    Unless a beta tester of Win 8 offers some opinions, or we read an article about what the OS will offer when released (there is a thread started here recently on just that) one can only surmise how good an OS it actually is.
    Hidden Content Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design
    Online SEO Hidden Content Markham.

XP is nearing its 'end of life' as its life cycle winds down. The only support available is 'extended support'. XP Pro may have a longer life cycle owing that it is an enterprise OS. At some point, newer versions of consumer software, such as iTunes, etc. will no longer be compatible with XP, making it a sideline OS from this moment on. In other words, there is little or no reason to persist with XP as one's main OS.

The reasons to keep XP on one's machine would be hardware related. While Win 7 will install and run on older XP based hardware, it will not be able to access the hardware features of newer main boards and peripherals, and will be in compatibility mode for the most part.

If your laptop is older than 2009, it would be best to keep it clean, and don't try to install too much new software, including Win 7. Realize that Windows 8 is not going to offer that much new to PC users, the main focus of this release being smart devices and the ability to handle bleeding edge processors. It's way too early to make comparisons to Win 7, and comparing it to XP is moot.

This thread could rapidly degrade to one of various opinions, with little fact. It may find itself in the Castle Break Room.

I have changed my laptop and i've gone from win xp to win 7: it was hard at first but then i got used to. Win 7 is a good OS, very stable and fast ... we hope it is also his successor win 8

As weegillis said it is not a right time to compare Windows 8 with Windows XP or Windows 7 , Also Windows 8 is only recommended to hing end devices and new Computers or Laptops which have a very good processor , graphic cards and also the Touch Capabilities ,

I would not say Windows XP is better than Windows 7 as I love the way Windows 7 works...yes it has issues with some software getting installed etc...but you can always use the Compatibility Mode and change the Setup to run as Windows XP mode etc...and if it works fine the Software will install ,

You could share with us the Configuration of your Laptop and we could recommend wheter or not to use Windows 7 ... If its old its a BIG NO for Windows 8 ...
    Post WebHosting Reviews and Get a Blacklink @ Hidden Content

The only problem with changing from xp is the compatibility issues of some software. Even the virtual xp mode on windows 7 is no guarantee. Apart from that, i have to admit i am impressed with windows 7.

Hi,
    I would like to go with Win-7. No doubt I am impressed with it because previously I was using XP. Some of my friends switched to win-8 but I prefer Win-7.
    [Please read the Forum Rules with respect to signature guidelines.]

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica1
    Some of my friends switched to win-8 but I prefer Win-7.
    How did they do that? Did they hop in a time machine so as to travel into the future after Win 8 was finally released, and then return to tell you about it?

I'm a committed Ubuntu user so bear that in mind!

Microsoft seem to have a problem with even version numbers. DOS 3 vs. DOS 4, IE 3 Vs IE 4, Win 95 vs Win 98, I could go on but I won't. My theory is that they do something half decent on version 1, then get cocky and 'add value' to version 2, then panic and produce a half decent version 3 etc.

I think you can count XP as an odd number, so then there's Vista (say no more!), then Win 7. Now a friend of mine works for MS and showed me Win 8 and the two interfaces etc, and the 'cocky' thing sprang immediately to mind. So I think the decision XP vs Win 7 will depend on the software you need etc, but Win 8 has those bad omens flying about it so you might want to avoid.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Content (tm) - A Hidden Content for Hidden Content and marketing agencies

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simonbragg View Post
    i suggest windows 7. cuase windows 8 is the newest version, it's still during the test time. some of my friends tried windows 8, not good experience.
    Well, then, since it's a work in progress, how can you say that it will not be the equal or better of Win 7?

11. The following user agrees with deepsand: