Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Mobile Website Optimization is needed?

Mobile Website Optimization is needed?

A few days ago I was browsing, and I came across some sites offering mobile website SEO. I checked keyword position for several keywords on Google, Yahoo and Bing but I didn’t find any difference in results. All three search engines offerings were the same for desktop and mobile. So what different can be done via mobile SEO? I than checked one website who is offering such service I checked their web and mobile versions. I didn’t find any Meta in their mobile version. That website was having same keyword position while I checked on laptop and iPhone. So here big question is whether search engine offer different results for both or same? what is the future of mobile seo
    Last edited by rah; 03-23-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Fix grammar for index
    Mantra Information Services Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

In fact,the technique of mobile seo is not as advanced as the pc so that you may see when your SERP is almost like the pc. Also because of this reason, to mobile seo, it is easy to improve the mobile site rank via the usual ways of seo such as increase the occurrence number of keywords and the number of website chain.....
    In a word, the mobile seo has a broad prospect and still few peopel research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lyan View Post
    In fact,the technique of mobile seo is not as advanced as the pc so that you may see when your SERP is almost like the pc. Also because of this reason, to mobile seo, it is easy to improve the mobile site rank via the usual ways of seo such as increase the occurrence number of keywords and the number of website chain.....
    In a word, the mobile seo has a broad prospect and still few peopel research on it.
    Be more specific Iyan, your language of statements is not properly conveying what you want to advice exactly...

Just use responsive design, design for your users and your rankings should be pretty much the same within both areas of search - mobile or desktop etc.

Responsive design would entail changing the styles of the site based on the users surfing device (iphone, blackberry, desktop etc.). So if the user is on a PC you can call thesestyles.css and if they are on an iPhone with a browser window size of xxx pixels, use thosestyles.css. If they're visiting your website from a WebTV, then use themstyles.css.

Your site responds to the type of device being used to browse it and uses a different style sheet for each of them.

I have launched mobile website for a client. Now content on my mobile website and desktop website both are different. On mobile website there are just main main features and address of the location, Also i have not included all the pages which i have on my desktop website. So If someone is coming from my blog url it will be redirected to home page of the mobile website. I checked major search engine is showing desktop results only and by detecting the browser they will be redirected to the mobile website. Now the question is whether Google feel that users are not being served that which are being shown to them or for which they are coming? It can affect my Desktop ranking?

if you doing SEO of mobile phone related site then no more keyword stuffing, no more spam work, if you doing off page work only one articles post on one site pure and original only white hat work for mobile site
    Read the Forum Rules about signature links.

Quote Originally Posted by manchun View Post
    if you doing SEO of mobile phone related site then no more keyword stuffing, no more spam work, if you doing off page work only one articles post on one site pure and original only white hat work for mobile site
    All these recommended for mobile website only? Well i need some expert advice.