Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Press Release site

Press Release site

I don't know if someone had asked about this one,

do you think PR submission sites like PRWeb are good for SEO?

I don't mean a particular PR submission site but it would nice if you can tell me what other PR sites that are good beside PRWeb.
    Thanks for your answer here, guys.
    Last edited by weegillis; 03-08-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: merge with clarification from later post

Yes

Press Releases can be powerful because they can be syndicated all over the place. At times this could result in the press release being on hundreds of websites. The key is to use the press release sites that will let you leave an anchor text so that you get the added link juice.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by alphaomegalady View Post
    do you think PR submission sites like PRWeb are good for SEO?
    Yes. PRWeb is one of the better PR release companies on the internet.
    Hidden Content Solutions in Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design for business
    Hidden Content - Spread your business message locally and around the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hill
    PRWeb is a good press release site, do you know that an effective use of press releases can have a dramatic impact on traffic and high ranking to your site. you can use the following press release sites at ...
    Let's see... You give your vote for PRWeb, but recommend some other site that doesn't even exist - or is not built yet??

Quote Originally Posted by merlot105 View Post
    IMO paying for PRWEB instead of using something like prlog for free is probably useless as you'll mostly get the same value for most intents and purposes.
    Saying "probably useless" is a strong opinion to project. I suggest trying a free press release site first and then a paid release site (PRWeb, since it is the one in question). Report back how many backlinks you achieved from both efforts, the quality of backlinks and improved positioning over a 28 day period (the standard lifespan for press releases).

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Alpha - Press releases can be great for SEO but it's important to spend the time and put some effort into your Press Releases. If a website will accept any PR then the chances are it won't have much authority - if you spend time creating a good PR story then the chances are you will appear on authority websites - depending if you link back it could have a good impact on your visibility.
    While I agree with your point about taking time and effort to produce a good press release, but even a "great release" will have very limited distribution using a "free" release site. I've tried the free sites once and the value is good (because it's free) but you will get very poor propagation of your business message. And usually, one cannot take advantage of using features like variable anchor text, multiple backlinks, use of images, use of video, options to significantly upgrade for better propagation, editorial reviews, pr education material, 3 hour release window etc, etc.

Another good service is prmarketer.com - Don't be fooled by the placement numbers (40 sites) - it's about the quality of the links you'll get.

As a comparison (same price range or less), a PRWeb release can end up distributed to thousands of media release sites another possible 150,000+ sources (bloggers and news subscribers). This kind of distribution can generate 500 to 1500+ backlinks per release. Many from very high prominent quality sites.

9. The following user agrees with LD:
    I do agree with you LD once you submit release in PRWeb you have to pay for every submission but the site is releasing your content in so many websites including Google news, Yahoo news and many other quality sites which definitely give good exposure to your content and yes can generate good links too... Cheers

Well i have not used PRWeb site but instead of that i have used other Press Release sites like i-newswire,clickpress,onlineprnews,pressabout,e.t.c. A well optimized press release distribution can avail you to increase traffic to your web site.