Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Article syndication

Article syndication

My friends and I write articles, like editorials and we naturally want people to read them. Money is not the object, we really just want our voices to be heard. Website itself has limited traffic, but we do use an RSS feed that doesn't truncate or require you to link back to us.

Just curious how many out there get widely read? Any suggestions?
    Hidden Content on Google+

I wouldn't rely on an RSS feed to syndicate. Your best bet is to just SEO the heck out of the site, create a memorable brand with a distinct voice, and network.
    With my parenting blog I did just that and I have a decent audience and even get contacted by the press from time to time when they are looking for an "authority" figure to round out a piece.

whenever you write a new article, try to deeplink it somewhere immediately. facebook it, tweet it, stumble it, mixx it, etc.

There are a few people, I know of, here who have sites where you can write articles. I have some guest articles on my forum. If you can get someone to digg your articles that would be good. A group of friends with different ip's bookmarking each other would be a decent way to get seen and read.
    In search of the self determined path

I think it's really all about popularity and getting your message out to the people who will be interested in your content. As Clay mentioned, it's the network. It takes time to build though but with enough honest dedication and genuine interest in the topic at hand it's bound to happen - build it and they'll come.

A problem I find is dealing with so many types of sites all at once. For instance, if I really want to keep my third signature link up I have to SEO and write articles etc for that, same for my article directory and so forth but who want's to write for 3 different genres or topics every day? It's a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by claybutler View Post
    I wouldn't rely on an RSS feed to syndicate. Your best bet is to just SEO the heck out of the site, create a memorable brand with a distinct voice, and network.
    With my parenting blog I did just that and I have a decent audience and even get contacted by the press from time to time when they are looking for an "authority" figure to round out a piece.
    Is the implication that article directories / syndication sites don't really work?
    Making Hidden Content affordable and accessible; and educating readers about Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by the_internets View Post
    Is the implication that article directories / syndication sites don't really work?
    No, the implication is that you just joined this forum and quickly posted 15 comments in one hour just so you could get a signature link to a hearing aid site. Lame. Personally, I think your signature link should be removed.