Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: No Facebook widget for groups?

No Facebook widget for groups?

I have a client who has a Facebook group associated with his business. Now I'd like to put a widget for the group on his website, ideally something that shows user thumbnails like the FB Page widgets. Is there nothing like this for groups? I'd prefer not to migrate to a page setup.

It would be really great to feature some of the latest posts in the widget, but I don't think FB would allow that due to privacy settings.

As if to add insult to injury, FB took away logo images from groups today. Now the header on a group page is of multiple profile pics, I guess to tie in with timeline.

You can upload a custom photo to the group, which only solves one of your issues.

There doesn't appear to be a way to add a widget for a group. Is there a reason you don't want to convert to a page?
    Marketing & Web Design www.WestchesterMarketingCafe.com
    Twitter: @JannMirch
    FB: Marketing Cafe

I'd recommend converting to a page. If the site is business related sooner or later FB will push them in that direction. Post IPO FB will be under a lot of pressure to increase revenue models, so it's likely business pages may get some new productivity and connection tools that won't be available to groups.

5. The Following 2 users agree with ronchalice:
    I also am involved in two networking groups that use FB groups. I'm revamping their website, and this is an issue there, too.

I'd rather not migrate to pages if I can help it. There are other functions of groups that are advantageous, and I don't want to disrupt the active communities there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Captain View Post
    I have a client who has a Facebook group associated with his business. Now I'd like to put a widget for the group on his website, ideally something that shows user thumbnails like the FB Page widgets. Is there nothing like this for groups? I'd prefer not to migrate to a page setup.

It would be really great to feature some of the latest posts in the widget, but I don't think FB would allow that due to privacy settings.
    Well, can't we code that out, i mean is it possible that a programmer using the existing resource available can work on creating a widget?