Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Facebook Like button randomly keeps resetting to zero?

Facebook Like button randomly keeps resetting to zero?

I have a Facebook Like button for my website that shows up on all my pages.

After putting it on, I got up to about 40-50 likes. Then one day it randomly went down to zero.

Then a week later it had about 15 likes. Then, like before, the count went down to zero.

Now it shows only two likes and I am sure it will go back down to zero in the future.

This is super super annoying. Is there any fix for this? Do you think it is a problem with my website or a problem with Facebook?

Kyle

Guessing you might have found this, already, but if not, it looks like there is some discussion on this issue at stackoverflow, and elsewhere.

Search

3. The following user agrees with weegillis:

Glitches

After reading this post, I think FB is glitchin'. Its misbehaving for me as well. I did an invite to my new page and several recipients emailed me that they received it 5-6 times! I saw a few other quirks with groups and pages while trying to manage them today as well. For example, I posted several photos to an album on my company page. I would post several images at the same time, they would all load, but the first one never showed its preview during the step where you write a description about the image. I had to save everything, then drill back into the album's edit feature and then write a description for the one that was missing. I also tried editing my logo icon for groups and sometimes the edit tool would come up, and sometimes it wouldn't. When it finally did come up, I used the "scale to fit" check box and it worked after the third attempt, but didn't update the icon in every instance throughout the site...for example when searching for the group in the main search box, it still showed the expanded icon, thus cropping part of it out...definitely some things for them to fix in there...

What come across as glitches could very well be programme properties. A page with six like buttons, might end up creating six notifications as a matter of the way the programme functions.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kateson
    I saw a few other quirks with groups and pages while trying to manage them today as well. For example, I posted several photos to an album on my company page.
    Do learn to stay on topic. This thread is not a general discussion of FB.
    Last edited by deepsand; 04-19-2012 at 03:10 AM.