Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bing Traffic - Up and with better conversions?

While comparing Bing and google, here's a question from a man with an interest in SEO and far from an expert.
    I find that gogole seems to change it's main index results for popular searches about once a month.
    What is the frequency on Bing?
    Second question is that do most of you find our sites (and links/SEO) get indexed and ranked faster in Google or Bing?
    My perception is that it's usually google?
    All the best
    Snakeman
    kid's reptile shows Melbourne including school incursions | kids parties Melbourne reptile parties Victoria and childrens displays | snake shows Melbourne Victoria

I also like to see that (bing or other SE) market share increasing,which will be good at market equilibrium.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newoptimizer View Post
    But I do prefer having Google Dominant. I believe its much easier to manipulate rankings in the non Google engines..
    With Google's SERPs being inferior to begin with, who cares whether they are the more or less allowing of manipulation.

Furthermore, from my view point, it is Google that is the more easily manipulated, both by content providers and Google itself.

I have been noticing a greater yahoo/bong share in my analytics reports. And I recently read online the Google share was around 66%.
    But that surprises me Deep, I've always been able to get higher rankings in Yahoo and my clients are only interested in Google results.

Quote Originally Posted by newoptimizer View Post
    I have been noticing a greater yahoo/bong share in my analytics reports. And I recently read online the Google share was around 66%.
    But that surprises me Deep, I've always been able to get higher rankings in Yahoo and my clients are only interested in Google results.
    That's because they are myopic, as clueless as are the great unwashed mass of users who bow down to Big G.

With Google's SERPs being inferior to begin with, who cares whether they are the more or less allowing of manipulation.
    Is there research that bears out this assessment or is this from your personal observation?
    Infusing Markets LLC - We design mobile and desktop websites

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Is there research that bears out this assessment or is this from your personal observation?
    There are multiple observations that lead to this conclusion:
    • Publicly reported academic research re. relevancy of SERPs;
    • Empirical data showing that the SERP CTR of Bing/Yahoo users is substantially greater than that of Google users (81% vs. 65% at last reading); and,
    • Google's own public admission re. the need for Panda;
    • Countless observations of many re. Google's own manipulation of their SERPs to their own advantage; and,
    • Observations of those of us who have been using Google over the past decade.

This may need a new thread, but the whole Google Web History thing seems to just be to promote Adwords. I see now reason for individual search results, except to cause site owners to consider using Adwords for a guarantee their site will be found. (I recently had a client that was actually on the first page, unable to find their site in the index because of their own web history.)

Individualized search results are potentially most dangerous owing to the Balkinization of users based on a host of characteristics, including religious and political bent, thus ensuring that each will see no results that challenge their preconceived notions.