Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinterest exponential growth until closed.

Lightbulb Pinterest exponential growth until closed.

Learn the name as soon as possible. I found the story about http://pinterest.com/ on a Norwegian news site under the heading.

Tidenes raskest voksende nettsted The fastest growing internet site of all time.

see also:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/22/pinterest-40-fold/

Pinterest's growth over the past six months has been nothing short of astounding. We’ve noted this before, but some new data today from Hitwise confirms the trend. Last week, Pinterest attracted 11 million visits, up almost 40-fold from just six months ago. Pinterest is now one of the top 10 social networking sites Hitwise tracks
    Hidden Content :: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Conversations creates communities and conversions create profit.

kgun, are you kicking yourself too for not thinking of it first

Yes Pinterest is the hot topic these days. They have been under the radar until now.

But not all is rosey:
    Pinterest Adding Affiliate Links Without Disclosing
    Skimlinks Downplays Pinterest’s Affiliate Link Practice
    Pinterest is spamming your Facebook friends’ email with fake connection requests
    Is Pinterest “Spamming” Facebook?

And apparently the demographic there don't get this or don't care because they totally ignored these articles when posted to Twitter.

Quick fix for the Facebook thing: disable Pinterest's access to your Facebook (and Twitter) account. You can log in using the email address and password you signed up with instead of the site logins.
    Hidden Content - Search engine friendly websites, ecommerce websites & blogs
    Hidden Content - Web page mistakes with solutions
    Hidden Content - HTML help to learn HTML basics

HTMLBasicTutor, did notice the spamish behavior and promptly disabled. Didn't know about non-disclosed affiliate links. It's cleaver though, you have to admit, that they aren't legally bound to disclose affiliate links because they are not endorsing what their users post (from your Skimlinks Downplays cite). They sure do inject that affiliate code in there though, don't they?

Yup, pinterest is slowly attracting more online users. Big websites are even naming it as the next big social networking website, and i too think that the site will rock.

Thanks 'HTMLBASICTUTOR' for sharing the information, i was not aware about Affiliate links and Facebook spamming issue.

Pinterest has been around for almost two years, but has seen a meteoric rise in interest over the last couple of months. In December, Pinterest became one of the Web's Top 10 social networks, according to tracking firm Hitwise

What I'm hearing is that they are stealing bandwidth from everyone. Not deliberate, one supposes, but if any user can point to a photo on someone's site and it appears on thousands of page impressions, the owning site is hit with the bandwidth drain owing to photos being hotlinked. They add a link to the site, but that's all.

Over 100k visitors from Pinterest this month. I like them.
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGerencser View Post
    That is a amazing amount of views! Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGerencser View Post
    Yeah, Pinterest has gone completely viral now.
    Rise of pinterest has started me worrying that now i will also have to spend the time on it. God, social networking sites are killing me.