Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: New to E-Commerce, need some feedback, please

New to E-Commerce, need some feedback, please

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have recently started on the E-Commerce trail and would like some feedback on the site.

www.keimos.co.uk

I have basically gone with a template for Joomla and use virtuemart as the shop, the look is meant to be different from all competition however that may be a problem, yet to be decided and changed if needed!!!!!!!

What I am looking for is gut reaction feelings, what works and more importantly, what puts you off. I am not asking for a site review, there is already a post for this but an opinion of how the site and shop work, e-commerce wise.

The site is now only about a month old so changes can be made!

Regards
    keith
    Keimos IT - Always learning something new each day
    Hidden Content , Hidden Content my hobby sites

I don't think I have every come across a cart where I am about to buy, and it has me confirm I'm not a spammer. The terms of agreement also through me, but maybe I've just never paid that much attention.

I would add the "Add" to cart towards the top of the item instead of after the description.

cd :O)

I found the site to be a bit to slow (page to page and the carts response time).

I'm no expert but a couple of simple changes I'd think about. you have no trust seal at the top of the page. There's no "call to action" just links. Lastly you're not collecting emails allowing you to market to someone early in the buying cycle.

I found it peculiar to ask for 529.66. Why not rounding to nearest whole figure? Cart is slow and https comes on only at the last moment for the payment, leaving the user details open.
    I find your website acceptable for the purpose. Perhaps more detail on each courses would be helpful. A detail description. The order I have created was of course only a testing. Disregard.

Hi All,
    thanks for the comments, plenty to think about for the moment,

I am aware that the site can be slow and am working on that.

HTTPS only comes on for payment as that is via paypal secure site, customer details are encrypted within the site.

A trust seal costs money and having investigated it does not appear make any difference, the most recognised/respected are far to costly for the present.

Not sure what you mean by call to action!!! And I am aware that email marketing is effective but at the same time I do not want to force visitors to register, it puts me off when I have to do at some sites and they instantly lose my custom.

The spammer confirmation is more to stop robots and spammers as I have been inundated with rogue comments etc, I have looked at moving the add to cart to the top but I will have to look at customising the code as it just does not sit well. Ongoing project.

Once again thank you for your time, some changes to be made............

Regards
    Keith

according to www.sitetuners.com rotating banners on the home page are conversion killers. I don;t know that a balck add to cart button is helpful - you may want to test different colors - FYI - http://unbounce.com/landing-pages/4-...keting+Blog%29
    Last edited by Rocketman1; 06-04-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Hi Keith,

On a design point of view, it's blinking on every corner which is just very distracting. It's quite annoying because your website relies on text to give information, it does not rely on those animation.

The black background is very disturbing as well, quite oppressing in fact, I think a white background would be much better.

Hope it helps

Stéphane

Hi All,
    Thanks for your comments,

The new design is almost finished, thanks for all the feedback.

Please stop reviewing the current site as I will be uploading the new version soon.

Thanks
    Keith

Hi all,

New site design is up and running, thanks for all of your previous comments, a lot that have been implemented.

I am currently testing the new design at www.cbt4u.co.uk and would very much appreciate your comments and opinions.

Thanks,
    Keith