Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hosting Matters How much?

Hosting Matters How much?

How much hosting matters in SEO? If i have canada business and website i am hosting it on USA server would it affect in my SEO? or Ranking
    Mantra Information Services Follow us on Hidden Content & Hidden Content

2. The following user agrees with steveschmidt85:
    Quote Originally Posted by steveschmidt85 View Post
    How much hosting matters in SEO? If i have canada business and website i am hosting it on USA server would it affect in my SEO? or Ranking
    You should be more concerned with the services the hoster provides. Standard stuff like up-time, backups, 24/7 technical support (not just by email contact), scalability, features, functionality etc. BTW, we're a a Canadian company with 40+ sites hosted on servers located in Florida with redundancy servers somewhere south west US as well.
    Hidden Content Solutions in Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design for business
    Hidden Content - Spread your business message locally and around the world!

4. The following user agrees with LD:
    Quote Originally Posted by steveschmidt85 View Post
    If i have canada business and website i am hosting it on USA server would it affect in my SEO? or Ranking
    The answer is yes, because a site rank differently in various region. To well targeted Canada audience, it is good to have a local hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    The answer is yes, because a site rank differently in various region. To well targeted Canada audience, it is good to have a local hosting.
    Can you substantiate proof of this statement, or is it your opinion?

I found this articles, it does hint to search engine, but it is no the keypoint.

Server location (through the IP address of the server) is frequently near your users. However, some websites use distributed content delivery networks (CDNs) or are hosted in a country with better webserver infrastructure, so we try not to rely on the server location alone.

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...-websites.html

I found this articles, it does hint to search engine, but it is no the keypoint.

Server location (through the IP address of the server) is frequently near your users. However, some websites use distributed content delivery networks (CDNs) or are hosted in a country with better webserver infrastructure, so we try not to rely on the server location alone.
    My colouring In red - Case in point. Our servers are in Florida. Most of our clients are in Ontario with a handful out of the country. We do not suffer positioning degradation because of the server location in terms of proximity to our HQ and our users.
    Last edited by LD; 02-02-2012 at 12:29 AM.

9. The following user agrees with LD:
    alt
    My answer Big No.

SEO link with quality back links not web server.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    The target audience of a site is not determined by its P Address, but by way of several other and obvious signals, such as the TLD of the site, the Google TLD selected by the user, the language used on the site, the language selected by the user, geo-locational targeting selected by the site via Webmaster Tools, the user's selected location on the Google search screen, and the subject(s) of the sites pages.

The whole purpose of the web is to make the location of a site irrelevant.

12. The following user agrees with deepsand:
    alt
    Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by websitedesigner View Post
    SEO link with quality back links not web server.
    Poppycock.

Links have nothing to do with geo-targeting.

Selection of local hosting accounts can be considered as one step to be taken to ensure websites will be moving in the right direction towards getting better ranks. For example, if you are interested in having good web ranks on the US Google market, by trying to pick a US based hosting account, then gathering links which have US IP addresses, you would be doing the recommended things but there are other elements to note.

Sometimes while searching the net, you may find very big portals which use one single domain, their ranks on several Google portals are very great. In such cases you may have a big question mark on your head and that is which hosting accounts are they using? Presence of contents on sites, in a specific languages and even using local directories as links sources can have bigger impacts on sites ranks than mere hosts.