Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Cms

Cms

Can anyone point me in the direction of a simple cms system that can be intergrated into a html site, it has to be easy to do as I am not that sharp with code...

Thanks

Joomla is a good place to start.
    it's a fully manageable CMS that's pretty easily optimized to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamallen View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a simple cms system that can be intergrated into a html site, it has to be easy to do as I am not that sharp with code...

Thanks
    You could look at CKEditor. There are other similar HTML editors you can intergate into an HTML site instead of redoing the site with the usual content management systems people reply with to this kind of question.
    Accrete Web Solutions - Search engine friendly websites, ecommerce websites & blogs
    Web Page Mistakes - Web page mistakes with solutions
    HTML Basic Tutor - HTML help to learn HTML basics

4. The following user agrees with HTMLBasicTutor:
    alt
    I just visit the site, most of the big brand also using CKEditor, should be a good tool.

Hi, HTMLBasicTutor you look familiar, are you Moderator of v7n?

Thanks for sharing will have a look at the tool right now

Quote Originally Posted by webpro9 View Post
    From a complexity standpoint, you might even consider using wordpress depending on your CMS needs as it can be quite flexible, easy to work with, and quick to install. Some would argue that as the features increase, so does the learning curve for:

Wordpress
    -> Joomla
    -> Drupal

http://www.linkedin.com/answers/technology/web-development/TCH_WDD/694116-8052920

I've worked with the first and last, but not Joomla.

Wordpress for a somewhat tepid learning curve would be my vote assuming you have PHP to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravish View Post
    joomla IsGood One and better for security Also
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny29 View Post
    According to me, you should start with the Joomla, it gives you a platform to manage your CMS better.
    Perhaps you all should have read the opening post before replying (important info you ignored highlighted) :
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamallen View Post

Thanks
    Accrete Web Solutions - Search engine friendly websites, ecommerce websites & blogs

Ive had a look at joomla, but it seems a bit on the complicated side

I'm looking at the site and Integrations and only see CKE for SharePoint, Joomla and Drupal. Which install would be specifically good for straight forward HTML sites? I may be missing something.

For example, I'm currently suggesting Contribute for clients that want to manage their website content after deploying a site. Granted, there is a cost to using this app, but it's pretty straight forward after installation and a few instructions to the end user.
    Markham Web Design Company. Why Responsive WordPress Web Design is important for business. Optimized Press Releases in Markham for better search results

Quote Originally Posted by rasel786 View Post
    Wordpress is a great CMS for building website. The feature of wordpress is very user friendly. A newbie also can use this features properly. The great advantage of wordpress is that it is SEO friendly.
    You did not read the whole thread (or even the opening post) before replying. The OP wants an HTML editor that can be intergrated into an HTML site.

Hi Graham,

You have to make a decision, are you looking to a database driven site or coding in an app such as dreamweaver.

By CMS, do you mean content management or or customer management?

Whichever you are after will require a database as that is the easiest and most flexible way to manage both content and customers

I did a Google search with "cms system that can be intergrated into a html site" and there are solutions out there.

Joomla, Wordpress, drupal etc are good systems and are easy to use once you understand the principle behind them.

Basically, I do not think you can integrate a CMS into HTML but more likely the other way round.

It would help if you could explain a bit further about what you are trying to achieve and what you are using at the moment.

Regards
    Keith
    Keimos IT - Always learning something new each day
    www.keimosit.co.uk , www.pengolf.co.uk my hobby sites