Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: yahoo sitemap.xml submission

yahoo sitemap.xml submission

Now that yahoo has integrated with bing, all sitemap submissions are done on microsoft's website (msn...)
    Are you able to submit a sitemap and is it being crawled ?
    I'm able to submit a sitemap, but it's not being crawled by bing/yahoo spiders.

Did you re-verify from your Webmaster Account at Bing? You can resubmit your sitemap as well. They state that "Newly added sites will begin showing data within 3 days". You can adjust the crawl rate from your dashboard as well as check your site-maps details to double check items like "when last crawled, last submitted & how many total urls submitted". However, they do not seem to crawl that often - I recently posted 2 articles on one of my sites which "G" picked up within 24 hrs and Bing/Yahoo took 15 days to index.
    Preventing Bed Bugs in our Schools begins by Preventing Bed Bugs at Home!

that means we need to submit on Bing only.... not in yahoo?
    [not enough quality posts]

Cool

That is exactly what I have been doing for the last 45 days or so. Here is an example message that Bing left for me in my Dashboard earlier this month "Bing Webmaster Tools have not been able to discover any sitemaps for your site. To improve your site’s discoverability as well as Bing’s ability to crawl your
    site, please visit Bing Webmaster Tools Sitemaps page to submit your sitemaps
    ."

They seem to still have a few bugs to work out since the merge with Yahoo and all I did after this message was re-submit my sitemap and all is good 2 go now. Under the "Traffic" Tab they even tell you that your stats are
    combined from Yahoo & Bing.
    Last edited by recessproof; 01-25-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: grammatical correction
    Preventing Bed Bugs in our Schools begins by Preventing Bed Bugs at Home!

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnalex06 View Post
    that means we need to submit on Bing only.... not in yahoo?
    Yahoo Site Explorer was shut down, merged with Bing Webmaster Tools, on 21 NOV 2011.