Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Add Url Not Found?

Google Add Url Not Found?

Well, in the last few days I tried to submit my new website for crawl, but Google's Submit URL service is not working.

First of all I thought this is browser problem but I tried all browsers and come up with the same problem. I also tried using my different laptop and got the same problem.

Finally I think this is Google's server problem but i am not sure?
    Last edited by weegillis; 01-18-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Fix some grammar issues for index page.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Exactly what response are you getting?

Have you tried uploading an XML sitemap?

WebProWorld MVP
    It looks like Google has removed the submission form from their site. There is no need to submit URLs to Google anymore. As long as you have links on your website to pages on your site, then you should not have to submit anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter, I'm Hidden Content or Hidden Content .

If you want to ensure timely discovery, and unless yours is a site that is re-crawled with an acceptable regularity, you will not rely on discovery of IBLs, but will upload an XML sitemap.

Quote Originally Posted by bhartzer View Post
    As long as you have links on your website to pages on your site, then you should not have to submit anymore.
    That depends on how long you want to wait. Even with a site map I had to resubmit some new pages for them to be indexed. I guess their crawl rate was, at least in my instance, not fast enough for me.
    Hidden Content Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design
    Online SEO Hidden Content Markham.

6. The following user agrees with LD:
    And, if yours is a new site, with no IBLs, the only way for any SE to learn of it is if you tell them.

8. The Following 2 users agree with deepsand:
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    If you want to ensure timely discovery, and unless yours is a site that is re-crawled with an acceptable regularity, you will not rely on discovery of IBLs, but will upload an XML sitemap.
    I was under the impression that the submitted XML sitemap had no influence on what gets indexed and the index rate? It's primary use at this time is to be the final verdict when Google is trying to determine which of two pages to use?

My best trick to get a quick index is to get the page "pinged" from a place Google crawls frequently. A while back submitting your RSS feed to feedburner or even in a Google Reader account (especially if it has a push mechanism like PubSubHubbub) could get it noticed quickly. I had times where a page was indexed in minutes. It's not 100% but just a way to try and speed things up and syndicate your content at the same time. Social media posts also worked but I'm not sure if Google is currently listening to Facebook and Twitter! I think it's time to see how a Google+ post can get a page indexed?
    by Hidden Content (Tiggerito)
    owner of Hidden Content

A submitted XML is indeed used by the indexing engine to determine what crawl orders to issue; that, in fact, is its primary purpose. It uses it to discover both new pages & advice of changed pages.

With respect to re-crawl frequency, the change rate reported by such map is taken as no more than a suggested starting point. In the long run, a well designed SE will automatically adjust its re-crawl rate based on how frequently changes to a page are observed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    A submitted XML is indeed used by the indexing engine to determine what crawl orders to issue; that, in fact, is its primary purpose. It uses it to discover both new pages & advice of changed pages.

With respect to re-crawl frequency, the change rate reported by such map is taken as no more than a suggested starting point. In the long run, a well designed SE will automatically adjust its re-crawl rate based on how frequently changes to a page are observed by it.
    This confirms your take:

http://support.google.com/webmasters...8476&ctx=topic

It even implies it can effect crawl rates..."will allow us to improve our crawler schedule"
    by Hidden Content (Tiggerito)
    owner of Hidden Content

While the <changefreq> tag may have an initial effect, it's not going to trick an SE into forever re-crawling a page significantly more often than the SE's own history shows it to change. Nor will it cause it to be re-crawled much less frequently than said history shows to be the case.