Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google Related - Anyone see a problem with this?

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    The notion that one pays Google for a click from a PPC listing, only to have Google promptly attempt to entice the resulting visitor to bounce to another site is just plan Evil.
    My feelings exactly. While testing what does and doesn't trigger the ads, I actually clicked on one of my Adwords ads and yep - GR was there plastering competitor's sites on top of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    I'm still keeping a close eye on this situation. While searching for more info, I also found a number of attorneys looking to slap Google with a class action lawsuit. This could be interesting.
    Let me know if anything develops on this. I have been busy with tax season so I have not had the opportunity to continue any research on the matter.

this is truly disturbing and outrageous, this is the first i'm hearing of this, i just can not keep up with all this garbage

welcome to google the paid search engine, buy/click our ppc ads or gtfo

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Hm-mm; did you miss the part about Google Related being an equal opportunity hijacker?

Update - I noticed the Google Related on one of my sites again. It seemed intermittent. A little more research told me I needed to move this code to the bottom of the page, just before the closing body tag. Here's the code again"
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var cnt = 0;
    var interval = 0;
    var f = function () {
    var css = {cssText:'display:none !important; visibility: hidden !important'};
    var gr = $('iframe[src^="http://www.gstatic.com/webgps/grelated"]');
    gr.css(css).prev('div').css(css);
    if (++cnt > 5 || gr.length) clearInterval(interval);
    };
    f();
    $(function () {
    interval = setInterval(f, 500);
    });
    </script>

Quote Originally Posted by aykutex
    I don't think you are understanding my point here. I don't really care that it is displaying it for me. I care that there is a possibility that others are coming to my website, which I have worked hard to get them there, and they are now seeing competitors' ads.

For example:

I am looking for Penn State Tickets. I know you from WPW so I go to your site, or better yet, I don't know of your site so I search Penn State Tickets and your site comes up so I c
    Totally To which post are you replying?? This is your first post on this thread, yet you make it sound like you've been having an ongoing conversation in it.
    Last edited by LD; 03-27-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: bb code

Quote Originally Posted by Clint1 View Post
    Totally To which post are you replying?? This is your first post on this thread, yet you make it sound like you've been having an ongoing conversation in it.
    Dropped off in mid sentence too.
    Hidden Content Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design
    Online SEO Hidden Content Markham.

8. The following user agrees with LD:
    There's certainly a lot of very bizarre posts around here. I see it all the time on all sorts of threads. It's like they're materializing from some alternate/parallel reality or dimension and things are pretty similar, but just "not quite right". So I guess in this case, he was "whisked away" back to the dimension of origin via the quantum mirror.

10. The following user agrees with Clint1:
    LD
    Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    That was a copy/paste of the posts of another.

He ran up at least 16 junk posts for count, and is now banned.