Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter Marketing Effectiveness

Twitter Marketing Effectiveness

Is Twitter marketing worth it. I have dulled out some cash for it and was wondering what you guys think of its marketing value?
    Last edited by deepsand; 12-01-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: fleshed out Title

Could you provide more details. Not sure what you mean by Twitter marketing and dolling out money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachsi View Post
    I would say using Twitter is a great method to promote your company. The main point to rember is the details listed in your profile, as you can only have 140 letters and spaces in a tweet. But Tweets are indexed and linking back to you primary site is all important. Don't forget to add a Tweet button to your webpages so as to build up the number of followers.

Drachsi
    Wuggles: Why would anyone follow you is the real question. Truth is they probably won't. To get any amount of followers that would give you an effective marketing base requires relentless effort on your part and creating outstanding, useful, fresh content to link to. Without that it won't work.

And you better get your but back here to anwser my follow up question. I'm getting tired of these drive by OP's who start a thread and then just bail. Poor form.

This all depends on the space you're working in. I work in healthcare and have not seen any "conversion worthy" traffic come from Twitter. However, I think you need some type of presence these days b/c all the big brands are doing it.....and I think you look less "trustworthy" if you don't have a recognizable brand and are not on Twitter.

Twitter is just another form of marketing. You should not focus on twitter. Why not linked in? Why not facebook? Twitter is quite complicated as its all about the number of followers. They should be people who are interested in your product/service or they wont be of use at all.

Twitter Marketing Effectiveness

It all depends on the market category. I haven't found Twitter useful for anything but linking between various social media properties - e.g. LinkedIn and a current news story. However, I know someone that finds Twitter very effective for posting recruitment ads.
    Simply Clicks | Simply Clicks | UK Search Blog | Travel Thinking | Smarter Search Marketing

Banned
    I think that we are missing an obvious question. Where is your audience? Are they on Twitter? Are they on Facebook? Be where your audience is. Also, why does everyone think that every social media platform is separate? In reality they all work together.

Quote Originally Posted by CompensationLawyers View Post
    I think that we are missing an obvious question. Where is your audience? Are they on Twitter? Are they on Facebook? Be where your audience is. Also, why does everyone think that every social media platform is separate? In reality they all work together.
    Or at least you should use them together. Using one may not turn out to be so effective alone. But using them together or using multiple can increase the spread of your aimed targets. Some may be on Facebook while others are on Twitter and others on LinkedIn, etc.

I think Twitter marketing CAN be effective. But it will only be as effective as you manage to make it. Joining Twitter wont do anything in and of itself. But if you're creating your account and spreading news as well as following/commenting people/pages within your niche, you can start to draw aimed targets from them etc as you already know that it's something they're interested in (since they're already involved with a site/person within your niche.

Twitter is great for building a brand and interacting with experts in your space. For consumer websites it can be effective if you have a fan base that is on Twitter and who wants to interact with you. It can also be a great tool for customer support. What Twitter is NOT good for is for doing nothing but promoting your brand and product. You will quickly become known as a spammer and the followers who you do have will quickly unfollow you unless they are robots, like half of the accounts on twitter are.

What exactly did you need to pay for? Twitter, after all, is free for all for the most part, and at the very least it would cost you nothing to simply gather some followers to look out for new trends in your business. Also, what exactly is the nature of business? This is an important question because it ties up with your own question. When you know exactly what your business is and what things would work well with its implementation, you'd then know whether or note social media marketing through twitter is worth it.