Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my favorite wordpress plugin

my favorite wordpress plugin

Wanted to add this "in" somewhere but I kept running into "This thread hasn't been ... for 2, 3 months ... consider starting ,,, ". So ...

There are a lot of opinions about plugins (WP) and seo, speed and so on. I haven't ever kept any of the seo plugins I've experimented with - But - If you want a very good tool get "broken link checker".

No magic shows, no miracle cures for websites and blogs, just a good solid tool. It works, it finds broken links, it emails you when it finds broken links, it lists them on a page, gives the linked text and a link to the post. I don't use the edit function, I go to the post, fix it, go back and choose "not broken".

I trust you'll find this as useful as I have - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...-link-checker/
    In search of the self determined path

Quote Originally Posted by safdar_ali
    Its Ok......... what do you think about "All in SEO"?
    All in one seo? I tried a lot of plugins for seo that people suggested and ended up removing all of them. To me it's all clutter. The broken link checker runs intermittently then I remove links or update them and - done. I wrote in another thread I recently went back to the default style for a blog and plan to do the same with the others. It's quick and clean.
    Last edited by weegillis; 03-08-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Included quote

Quote Originally Posted by dgswilson View Post
    All in one seo? I tried a lot of plugins for seo that people suggested and ended up removing all of them. To me it's all clutter. The broken link checker runs intermittently then I remove links or update them and - done. I wrote in another thread I recently went back to the default style for a blog and plan to do the same with the others. It's quick and clean.
    I'm always using All in one SEO pack when I start a new blog. The truth is that I am not able to see wether without it installed would it have been better. Nevertheless, it does not disturb me and the site performance is not decreased (like other plugins do).
    Hidden Content - get over 150 domain name suggestions based on your keyword

All in one seo pack is my favorite and useful plugin for wordpress site.

All in One was my fave for SEO, but I now use Yoast's SEO plug-in.

WordPress Plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    All in One was my fave for SEO, but I now use Yoast's SEO plug-in.
    I'd be tempted to use that myself. I've learned a lot from reading at "Yoast". I guess I could make a test WP install and see what the plugin adds to code.

I added another plugin recently. After a month I can say it's a keeper for me. It's called "Google XML.Sitemaps"

Makes sitemap according to default or custom settings, runs Cronjob and submits to major search engines.

Rating - Mundo Slick
    Last edited by dgswilson; 04-14-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: forgot something

Yup. Definitely give Yoast a try. It's suggestive and replaces the need of several other plug-ins.

Have been using All in One SEO plugin for my sites and it's one of my plugins which I install for all the sites.

Yoast is good but I prefer All-in-One SEO used together with XML-sitemap plugin. These plugins are enough for me when it comes to onsite SEO.

Quote Originally Posted by retes23 View Post
    Yoast is good but I prefer All-in-One SEO used together with XML-sitemap plugin. These plugins are enough for me when it comes to onsite SEO.
    Um....If you actually have used Yoast, then you would know it handles SEO AND XML-sitemaps...