Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Custom Shopping Cart - Wordpress

Custom Shopping Cart - Wordpress

Hello. I am starting a project for an investigative services company. They want to have the ability to sell background reports online.

Basically, this would require a custom input form integrated into a shopping cart where the user inputs name/address/SSN & the ecommerce plugin
    transmits this info to the client, as well as processes a credit card payment.

The firm would receive the order information & send a digital report pdf to the customer.

I'm very familiar with Wordpress. I've checked out getshopped.org - this seems ideal; yet I will require an additional level of customization beyond a
    simple shipping cart

Any suggestions you can provide would be very helpful.

thanks,
    Chris

Cart66 and Gravity Forms can give you a few additional options. What kinds of features are you looking for?

I would give the "tribulant" shopping a try: http://tribulant.com/plugins/view/10...ng-cart-plugin
    No matter what third-party shopping cart you use, there will be some customization to fit your client's unique needs.

In any case it cheaper than creating a custom shopping cart from scratch.

You could use any shopping cart and let the client submit the details after the payment was processed.
    Michelle Castillo

Hidden Content
    [URL="http://wordpressinsider.org//"]wordpressinsider.org[URL]

I agree get the money first then the details. Once they pay their more committed to a longer form to fill out.

Rick

Cart66 (mentioned above) comes bundled with Gravity Forms which lets you define exactly the collected information you want with each order. There are video tutorials on the Cart66 site (http://cart66.com/) which, if I recall, demonstrate this customization. In addition, Cart66 is easy to implement and its features are "okay" though not robust.

You can try the free Cart66Lite version first (though it does not include the bundled Gravity Forms).

Good luck.
    Pat Riley

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michellebc View Post
    You could use any shopping cart and let the client submit the details after the payment was processed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometutor View Post
    I agree get the money first then the details. Once they pay their more committed to a longer form to fill out.
    Good way to leave yourself open to card disputes; merchant card processing accounts to not allow of the "pay me first, and we'll work out the details later" approach.

cool thanks I'll check them out.

The features would be pretty simple; just a mechanism for tracking the order, process the SSN information securely, etc..

thanks again!

thanks very much. I'll research this !
    Last edited by deepsand; 11-02-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: merged traffic flow