Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joomla vs. Drupal

Quote Originally Posted by NJ View Post
    Oh, boy, the Developer Holy Wars are so much fun! In my own team, we are still having
    Let's look at wrenches: allen wrenches, pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, torque wrenches, etc. Do you hear mechanics and plumbers arguing which one should be used exclusively? Ha, ha, I think that a pipe wrench makes a great hammer if you turn it on the side. Or, you can hit your computer with it when the programming isn't going well. In any case, it is best to learn what each one does best. Then when you are at that next cocktail party and someone asks you about a technology you don't use, you can discuss it intelligently ad naseum. Sigh, I guess I'll even have to accept .NET as a real tool if I want to follow my own advice.
    And if the only tool you have is a hammer everything starts to look like a nail.
    Hidden Content :: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Conversations creates communities and conversions create profit.

2. The following user agrees with kgun:
    LD
    Banned

Drupal Vs Joomla

Quote Originally Posted by rizzoid View Post
    Wordpress is catching up, but in my company's experience it is Joomla that has the edge when it comes to training customers on editing their own content. Joomla also has 8000+ extensions (there's an app for that). Nobody has abandoned Joomla, in fact it's 2.7% of the internet's web pages.

Drupal is much harder to learn and use, that is why it is called the 'programmers' CMS'.
    Yes, from the learning point of view , Drupal may be cumbersome to become experts but the end most results favours to the Drupal only .
    Drupal is the winner here because it scales well and is rock-solid under heavy load. When the server is pushed beyond its capacity, Drupal shuts off gracefully and doesn't crash. As soon as the server is back within its traffic capability, Drupal will handle all requests smoothly again.

On the other hand , Joomla can handle heavy loads of course, but does not scale as well. The description 'most stable CMS' implies the one that scales best, ie handles large numbers of plugins, high page numbers, and heavy loads best. Joomla is not as stable when heavily extended (lots of plugins).
    Last edited by deepsand; 11-25-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: removed faux Signature