Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you set all WPW emails & notifications to "vacation" or temporary halt status?

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint1 View Post
    But the fact remains (doesn't it?) that all of my subscriptions would be removed from my CP, so I would have to make of a copy of all of them then resubscribe to them one-by-one again?
    Nope. That's a notification type, one that just suppresses e-mail notification.

This is really getting annoying. I am still getting numerous daily notifications! And at the bottom of every one of them as always is: "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again." So why are they still being sent?
    God Bless,
    -Clint
    (Join Date: 1999)

If you click the link in the email to visit the thread it resets that notification for the next one to come through since your last visit. In your User CP you can set how the notifications are sent. There is an option to only having notifications sent once a day, or none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    If you click the link in the email to visit the thread it resets that notification for the next one to come through since your last visit. In your User CP you can set how the notifications are sent. There is an option to only having notifications sent once a day, or none at all.
    But I have not been clicking any links in the emails! I would not have posted that if I were.

In the notifications options, what does "Through my control panel only" mean? Does that mean no emails but some kind of PM that's not sent via email?
    Thanks.
    God Bless,
    -Clint

Why is there still no "vacation" option where notifications can be simply paused or suspended?

There really needs to some kind of "select all" option, all you can do now is select all on each page, but you have to do that on each of the pages. "All" at the top doesn't do anything, I clicked that and no checkboxes were checked.
    God Bless,
    -Clint

Here: http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster...do=editoptions

You can set your notifications (Default Thread Subscription Mode) to "Through the control panel only". That will keep track of all your subscriptions as new posts come in but won't email you anything.

I never received any notification that anyone replied to this thread, yet I'm still getting notifications on other threads!

Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    Here: http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster...do=editoptions

You can set your notifications (Default Thread Subscription Mode) to "Through the control panel only". That will keep track of all your subscriptions as new posts come in but won't email you anything.
    That's what I did. I just now did it again (change it and changed it back) and set this one thread to "Instant".
    God Bless,
    -Clint

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint1 View Post
    ... and set this one thread to "Instant".
    If you get notice of this post, post here so we know that it's working.

Yeah I got the notification. Only time will tell now if the others have stopped.
    God Bless,
    -Clint