Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adsense--Google wants me to use more ads...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth #3 View Post
    I don't understand why you think a static website would be easier to get traffic for, I do use static homepages on all of my blogs. I turn off the comments. The only reason you can tell they're blogs is that they're arranged in categories. And Google loves 'em.

As far as # of pages/posts, add as many as you can, or at least 15. I wouldn't recommend the micro niche site approach.
    Static is easier because you only do on-page and off-page optimization on less pages. I mean, the time you spend on writing new content can be spent on link building for one epic landing page instead.

Do you mean number of posts per pages?
    Hidden Content , find white label seo solution and resell seo.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Lawrence View Post
    Static is easier because you only do on-page and off-page optimization on less pages. I mean, the time you spend on writing new content can be spent on link building for one epic landing page instead.

Do you mean number of posts per pages?
    Using a blog format as opposed to a static format requires no additional writing. Every blog post I write is meant to be ranked for a specific key phrase. The ONLY difference is that posts are arranged into categories and linked to from a category page.

And forget about the "One Epic Landing Page" concept, that falls into that micro niche funk that I mentioned earlier. I think you've been fed some misinformation here, a blog post can rank just as easily as a home page from some micro niche site. If you do it right, easier.
    Happy Holidays!

Using a blog format as opposed to a static format requires no additional writing. Every blog post I write is meant to be ranked for a specific key phrase. The ONLY difference is that posts are arranged into categories and linked to from a category page.

And forget about the "One Epic Landing Page" concept, that falls into that micro niche funk that I mentioned earlier. I think you've been fed some misinformation here, a blog post can rank just as easily as a home page from some micro niche site. If you do it right, easier.
    Oh, I guess I meant a blog style meaning it has to be frequently updated. Will a blog style website be easier to monetize than static websites or is it the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Lawrence View Post
    Oh, I guess I meant a blog style meaning it has to be frequently updated. Will a blog style website be easier to monetize than static websites or is it the other way around?
    The only time I write a new blog post is when it's time to move on to the next key phrase.

I've never had a static site but I would imagine you would monetize it just the same as a blog. Wordpress is just the only thing I know how to use, and the long list of plugins is a huge plus. And many are geared towards monetization.

When you say "blog," I think you're referring to the blog homepages that display a list of the latest posts. You don't have to do that. I use a static home page, that way Google always knows exactly what it's about and what it should rank for.
    Happy Holidays!

The only time I write a new blog post is when it's time to move on to the next key phrase.

I've never had a static site but I would imagine you would monetize it just the same as a blog. Wordpress is just the only thing I know how to use, and the long list of plugins is a huge plus. And many are geared towards monetization.

When you say "blog," I think you're referring to the blog homepages that display a list of the latest posts. You don't have to do that. I use a static home page, that way Google always knows exactly what it's about and what it should rank for.
    Actually, I meant a blog like maybe a news website or a social commentary website. I'm talking about fresh content, which is more likely to attract viewers, as opposed to a blog with a few pages but with SEO so good that you don't have to do much for people to come in periodically.