Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adsense--Google wants me to use more ads...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth #3 View Post
    I don't understand why you think a static website would be easier to get traffic for, I do use static homepages on all of my blogs. I turn off the comments. The only reason you can tell they're blogs is that they're arranged in categories. And Google loves 'em.

As far as # of pages/posts, add as many as you can, or at least 15. I wouldn't recommend the micro niche site approach.
    Static is easier because you only do on-page and off-page optimization on less pages. I mean, the time you spend on writing new content can be spent on link building for one epic landing page instead.

Do you mean number of posts per pages?
    The best SEO Reseller program, find white label seo solution and resell seo.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Lawrence View Post
    Static is easier because you only do on-page and off-page optimization on less pages. I mean, the time you spend on writing new content can be spent on link building for one epic landing page instead.

Do you mean number of posts per pages?
    Using a blog format as opposed to a static format requires no additional writing. Every blog post I write is meant to be ranked for a specific key phrase. The ONLY difference is that posts are arranged into categories and linked to from a category page.

And forget about the "One Epic Landing Page" concept, that falls into that micro niche funk that I mentioned earlier. I think you've been fed some misinformation here, a blog post can rank just as easily as a home page from some micro niche site. If you do it right, easier.
    Happy Holidays!

Using a blog format as opposed to a static format requires no additional writing. Every blog post I write is meant to be ranked for a specific key phrase. The ONLY difference is that posts are arranged into categories and linked to from a category page.

And forget about the "One Epic Landing Page" concept, that falls into that micro niche funk that I mentioned earlier. I think you've been fed some misinformation here, a blog post can rank just as easily as a home page from some micro niche site. If you do it right, easier.
    Oh, I guess I meant a blog style meaning it has to be frequently updated. Will a blog style website be easier to monetize than static websites or is it the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Lawrence View Post
    Oh, I guess I meant a blog style meaning it has to be frequently updated. Will a blog style website be easier to monetize than static websites or is it the other way around?
    The only time I write a new blog post is when it's time to move on to the next key phrase.

I've never had a static site but I would imagine you would monetize it just the same as a blog. Wordpress is just the only thing I know how to use, and the long list of plugins is a huge plus. And many are geared towards monetization.

When you say "blog," I think you're referring to the blog homepages that display a list of the latest posts. You don't have to do that. I use a static home page, that way Google always knows exactly what it's about and what it should rank for.
    Happy Holidays!

The only time I write a new blog post is when it's time to move on to the next key phrase.

I've never had a static site but I would imagine you would monetize it just the same as a blog. Wordpress is just the only thing I know how to use, and the long list of plugins is a huge plus. And many are geared towards monetization.

When you say "blog," I think you're referring to the blog homepages that display a list of the latest posts. You don't have to do that. I use a static home page, that way Google always knows exactly what it's about and what it should rank for.
    Actually, I meant a blog like maybe a news website or a social commentary website. I'm talking about fresh content, which is more likely to attract viewers, as opposed to a blog with a few pages but with SEO so good that you don't have to do much for people to come in periodically.