Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: mysql_real_escape_string Not Working When Querying The Database

Question mysql_real_escape_string Not Working When Querying The Database

OK I will do my best to explain this problem that I believe mysql_real_escape_string should resolve but it's not.

Now, at this particular website if I post content with single quotes like "they're" it goes to the data base nicely because of the help of the mysql_real_escape_string php function.

If I look in the database the content is there, nicely...with the strings that contain the single quotes.

BUT! when I try to retrieve the data an error is thrown and the data does not show up on the page it usually would and will if the content does not contain a single quote.

Before showing you the code I"m dealing with, is there something simple that the php/database experts can help me fix in seconds? Does the database settings have to be revised?

I hope this isn't one of those problems that's going to kill me figuring out!

Every bit of help is appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

OK the code, I can give you this to see the SQL statement, maybe this will help the matter...

Code:
    $postContent = myQ("
                SELECT `id`,`topic`,`subject`,`user`,`body`
                FROM `[x]blogspot`
                WHERE `id` = '{$_GET["id"]}'
                LIMIT 1
            ");
    In the case above, how will I make sure the content will display when it encounters an error selecting the body field's content? (which has the content with a single quote). Everything get's put into the $postContent array...