Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google+ Usage In Free Fall?

Hybrid View

Google+ Usage In Free Fall?

Priit Kallas says he's been monitoring Google+ traffic and is now sees significant loss of traffic for the new social platform.

As you can see from the chart the downwards movement is significant and steady. The Google+ share in Google.com’s total traffic has dropped more than 27% 37% in the last two weeks 18 days. If this trend will continue then Google will have a really big problem.

The full discussion: http://www.dreamgrow.com/google-plus-is-failing-data/.

Have you seen any data to suggest Google+ is doing just fine? What's your personal experience with Google+? Are you using it more or less?
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter who knows Search Smart Design®. | Travel Gypsy in Key West. | Get the Cyber Key to SEO Web Design.

WebProWorld MVP
    I thought by now Google would have made more of a push to get Google+ out to more mainstream users. But that' clearly isn't the case yet?
    Follow me on Twitter, I'm bhartzer or like my page on Facebook.

The thing to remember is that, like most every offering google comes out with that is not direct search and directly consumer oriented, has been laid out to appeal more to webmasters/businesses as anything else. We are the ones who spend the most money on ads and services. Google+ gave google something they wanted, a whole lot more data about each and every one of us. Social profiling if you will. I doubt google really cares if it fails for mainstream users at all.

Look at google+ really hard, it is laid out in a way that will appeal mainly to web business people. And if you look at who is using it... well... I don't know of any of my family that does that is not in business.
    Last edited by williamc; 08-29-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    William Cross
    Web Development by Those Damn Coders
    Firearm Friendly Websites because our constitution matters

People are getting tired of looking for google+ and finding out they are unable to join.
    The buzz is dying down... facebook is coopting a lot of google+ plus features, so if you ask me,
    google+ had better get it together, or they may miss the boat like they did with 'buzzzzz'.
    The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference
    between lightning and the lightning bug. ~ Mark Twain

www.puamanawebdesign.com - Dynamic, Imaginative, Affordable Web Design

My children couldn't access it (those 13 but not eighteen) so that is a huge drawback already. Most of the people I am following are just pushing their marketing msgs so a bunch of noise similar to Twitter. And others have pointed out, the offer is still limited. They need to get on the ball quick or it will die. :O)
    Last edited by chrisJumbo; 08-29-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Should have read 18 as in the #, the #eight translated into a happy face

Since when does one do research based on Alexa data???

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorel509 View Post
    Since when does one do research based on Alexa data???
    When did Alexa data become wholly useless?

Sort of funny that I saw this on techcrunch today

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/29/anti-web-analytics/
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo

It doesn't matter where the numbers come from. I'm skeptical of any graph that deletes about half of the outliers. I would like to see all the other data points between August 3 through August 19 and the data point for August 21.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoMisiu View Post
    It doesn't matter where the numbers come from. I'm skeptical of any graph that deletes about half of the outliers.
    What "outliers?" This isn't a scatter-gram.