Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google+ Usage In Free Fall?

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    There's a factor that's not going to make G+ more attractive with age - inertia.

There are very many who have a great deal of time and effort invested in building their presence and contacts on other platforms; for them transitioning to a new platform is no small feat. And, maintaining both is even more daunting.

Unless Google can come up with something that is so radically new and seemingly indispensable, something that competitors are unable to add to their platforms, G+ is, IMO, doomed to remain an also ran.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
    ... for useability, G+ blows FB and Twitter away...
    Quite right, I think. G+ seems better. At first, I thought everybody would want to be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    There's a factor that's not going to make G+ more attractive with age - inertia...
    Most people don't seem to think that G+ is so much better than FB that they need to make the effort to change and move everything across. However good G+ is in features, it is still useless to me while all my friends are still on FB.
    'It is perseverance and not genius that takes a man to the top.' - Cicero (attrib) *** 'Oh, yeah? That's easy for a genius to say.' - C0ldf1re.

I just dont see too many people really use the Google + . I have thought about integrating it on my sites, but social icon overload is a reality - and right now FB and Twitter icons are plenty for me. I am sort of waiting to see if Google + explodes in popularity or not...
    Hidden Content Web Hosting || Hidden Content Web Hosting
    Hidden Content Bundles

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMan View Post
    I am sort of waiting to see if Google + explodes in popularity or not...
    Looks like the fireworks show may be over.

Google+ Users Spent Only 3 Minutes on Site in January

Google+ might be heading for 100 million registered users but many of them appear to be spending almost no time on the service, market analysis company ComScore has reported.

According to figures made public through the Wall Street Journal, in January Google+ users spent a trifling average of three minutes using the site during the month, slightly lower than for December.

For perspective, Facebook managed almost seven hours per user in the same month, a gulf in use far more dramatic than mere subscriber numbers alone.

Elsewhere, Pinterest and Tumblr averaged 89 minutes, LinkedIn 17 minutes and MySpace only 8 minutes. Twitter, a popular site by any definition, managed 21 minutes
    More at Google+ Users Spent Only 3 Minutes on Site in January

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffreyYu7 View Post
    Google+ gained something like 10 million follows in the first 2 days it came out of Beta. I think Facebook is still more attractive not because of its features, but because of the number of people on it. The more people on G+, the more activity will sustain itself.
    Agreed! People are still using Facebook because almost all their friends are on Facebook and they are satisfied with it. Also, most of the users do not want to waste their time on creating their new profiles and add the same friends on G+ (which does not make any sense for any normal user).

I think G+ will have to wait till users gets saturated from Facebook and then it may have a chance to attract 800 million online users of Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Regenesis View Post
    I think G+ will have to wait till users gets saturated from Facebook and then it may have a chance to attract 800 million online users of Facebook.
    The only way for FB to become saturated is if every online user enrolls at and uses FB, in which case they'll have no incentive to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    The only way for FB to become saturated is if every online user enrolls at and uses FB, in which case they'll have no incentive to switch.
    When he said "till users gets saturated from Facebook", I have thought of a way that "saturated" makes sense. He meant users getting saturated, rather than FB. When Facebook was new, many people accepted all friend requests. Now I have a lot of FB sort-of-friends who I don't really want, because I am saturated to the point I can't easily see the important friends, but I can't hurt people's feelings by unfriending them. Google+ gives the chance for a fresh start, and the group feature lets you organise your contacts.
    'It is perseverance and not genius that takes a man to the top.' - Cicero (attrib) *** 'Oh, yeah? That's easy for a genius to say.' - C0ldf1re.

9. The following user agrees with C0ldf1re:
    Google may have a long term strategy of which we are unaware. Perhaps they are trying to integrate themselves with business service and webmasters to such an extent that in the end it will not be possible to ignore it. There may well be room for two (slightly different) social network giants out there.

Quote Originally Posted by I_M View Post
    Google may have a long term strategy of which we are unaware. Perhaps they are trying to integrate themselves with business service and webmasters to such an extent that in the end it will not be possible to ignore it.
    Integrate what and how?

And, without attracting a critical mass of others who will be sufficiently active, to what end?