Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tutorial Contest for $1000.00

Quote Originally Posted by williamc View Post
    Other entries that are not accepted will not be used.
    Okay, I'll take your word on that.
    Do the best you can - as fast as you can - then fix it later.
    --Seth Godin

Ok, at this stage of the game I must say, the few people who have submitted entries are going to be extremely overjoyed with the return they get, whether they take the grand prize or not.

I also have to say I am a bit surprised that out of all of our members here, the twitter blasting over the past week with over 200 retweets by people, and the press release, that the turnout on tutorial submissions was so bloody abysmal.

Last chance to get some damn decent money people. The contest ends on the 5th. The way it is right now, even those that only get accepted and dont win the grand prize are still looking at a damn good bit of cash.
    William Cross
    Hidden Content by Those Damn Coders
    Hidden Content because our constitution matters

Come ON, people! We're giving away $1,000 here!

I have to say, I'm really underwhelmed. Hard to imagine that out of nearly 60,000 members, we can't find more than a couple that are interested in making a couple hundred bucks!

On top of that, as William said here:

... In the event that we do not reach 33 accepted valid tutorial entries before the cut-off date above, the same $1000.00 total amount is to be given away. This means the prizes will be adjusted UP as applicable.
    That means that the same $1,000 prize money will be divided between all the accepted entries, whether we get 33 or just 3! If that's not worth your energy, then maybe you ought to just hire someone to go stand in line at the Welfare office for you, so you don't tire yourself out!

Ok, at this stage of the game I must say, the few people who have submitted entries are going to be extremely overjoyed with the return they get, whether they take the grand prize or not.

I also have to say I am a bit surprised that out of all of our members here, the twitter blasting over the past week with over 200 retweets by people, and the press release, that the turnout on tutorial submissions was so bloody abysmal.

Last chance to get some damn decent money people. The contest ends on the 5th. The way it is right now, even those that only get accepted and dont win the grand prize are still looking at a damn good bit of cash.
    I'd add to that, the fact that it's more than a little likely that the next time we run a contest like this, it'll be somewhere else. Apparently, folks here are either lazy or don't need a little extra money.

The newest excellant entry was submitted by Roy Pierce, our own weegillis, titled How to create icon embedded links with CSS

Roy has stepped up to the plate, what about the rest of you
    William Cross

@williamc, if you check your inbox you'll find my actual entry, not that crappy PDF I sent by accident. That's what I get for starting a project at 11 at night. LOL

My earlier 'potential' entry, 'Animated Sidebar Navigation' is both too lengthy and complex, and has a built in interface, to boot. It was a lot of work, and I'd like to reserve it for the time. This latest entry is my consolation offering.

I'd also like to write an extension tutorial for the one entered that explains the JavaScript I use to create a new window class for the described links. Think I should go ahead with this?

Ok folks, Roy has submitted a second accepted tutorial entitled "Creating a newWindow() JavaScript class for media and external site links". This man is making you all look bad....
    William Cross

Quote Originally Posted by weegillis View Post
    I'd also like to write an extension tutorial for the one entered that explains the JavaScript I use to create a new window class for the described links. Think I should go ahead with this?
    I think you should go ahead and do as many as you like mate. We will accept anything that conforms to the stated rules up til monday at the cutoff time.
    William Cross

You have it now. Got it in before you could reply

Submitted to the email address provided, so you can mock my lack of knowledge about these subjects.

Title of the tutorial is - "Search Engine Optimization: A Starting Point"

Hope more people submit.
    Hidden Content - Best Web Hosts