Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SEO Myths that Won't Die

SEO Myths that Won't Die

I'm starting to see how easily (and quickly) bad SEO advice can turn into a runaway train on forums like this -- despite the attempts of experienced members (not me) to discount some of those crazy claims. (That would wear me out). I've seen "top seo myths" on other sites, and just thought something similar might work as a sticky thread in this forum. I'm sure we've had plenty of posts on the subject, but I guess I don't see a sticky thread anywhere.
    Do the best you can - as fast as you can - then fix it later.
    --Seth Godin

Call me out on this one, because I've always equated SEM with traffic and SEO with SERP placement. Maybe I'm missing something, but if I'm right, this leads to myth # 1. Links in forums are good for SEO and SEM.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weegillis View Post
    Call me out on this one, because I've always equated SEM with traffic and SEO with SERP placement. Maybe I'm missing something, but if I'm right, this leads to myth # 1. Links in forums are good for SEO and SEM.
    Though many will argue otherwise, the fact is that, since the goal of high SERP rank is to gain traffic, SEO is actually a marketing strategy, and thus a sub-set of SEM.

In day-to-day usage, though, SEM is generally used to differentiate between SEO and non-SEO strategies.

4. The following user agrees with deepsand:
    Quote Originally Posted by keyon View Post
    I'm starting to see how easily (and quickly) bad SEO advice can turn into a runaway train on forums like this -- despite the attempts of experienced members (not me) to discount some of those crazy claims. (That would wear me out). I've seen "top seo myths" on other sites, and just thought something similar might work as a sticky thread in this forum. I'm sure we've had plenty of posts on the subject, but I guess I don't see a sticky thread anywhere.
    We could; but, it would need to be in the Breakroom, so as to avoid becoming a post-for-count thread for the forum spammers and other feeble minded.

6. The following user agrees with deepsand:
    Okay, so myth # 1 is questionable, I'll retract it. But in exchange I get to move this new stickie into its rightful place.

Since everyone and their newb SEO brothers talk about "dofollow" links, we should just give in and say, "fill yer boots!"

Oh ya, everyone should resurrect a 6-month-old thread once in a while (oops) - and - promote some Silly SEO myths concurrently.
    Markham Web Design Company. Why Responsive WordPress Web Design is important for business. Optimized Press Releases in Markham for better search results

I'm thinking that Breakroom threads should not carry the following notice.

This thread has not had a response in the last two months. Consider starting a new thread.

10. The following user agrees with deepsand:
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post

This thread has not had a response in the last two months. Consider starting a new thread.
    ,,.. ..,,
    Markham Web Design Company. Why Responsive WordPress Web Design is important for business. Optimized Press Releases in Markham for better search results

the best myth of all

guaranteed #1 in google!

14. The following user agrees with xmachinecorex: