Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google And Facebook Partnership - 2014

No wonder the US economy is so screwed with this outlook by everyone wanting to see even bigger monopolies.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted View Post
    No wonder the US economy is so screwed with this outlook by everyone wanting to see even bigger monopolies.
    LOL, Canadian here, All our industries are already Monopolies or Oligopolies and our economy is doin' pretty good here... =o)
    Ron Boyd
    http://ronboyd.ca Follow me: @boydrw

Google and Facebook are targeting two completely different niches.
    One is a search engine, the other is a is a social website.

In 2010 Google declared itself a 'mobile first' company.
    Everything Google does now is for mobile first.

+1 isn't Google trying to compete with Facebook in the social market.

+1 was created to enable Google to deliver up better search results as voted by browsers.
    Browsers recommend what they like best on the web and Google incorporates that information into their algorithm to deliver up better search results. It isn't really about social networking. It is more about user reviews And better search results.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    All our industries are already Monopolies or Oligopolies
    PANDA Update already have shown google's monopoly, website those were not running Google Ads, there popularity and busines have gone down.

I think facebook partnership would not be possible because of their business that facebook is earning through Ads. I am not an astrologer so totally it will depends on market and there benifiitits.

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by mter9248 View Post
    Google and Facebook are targeting two completely different niches.
    One is a search engine, the other is a is a social website.

In 2010 Google declared itself a 'mobile first' company.
    Everything Google does now is for mobile first.

+1 was created to enable Google to deliver up better search results as voted by browsers.
    Browsers recommend what they like best on the web and Google incorporates that information into their algorithm to deliver up better search results. It isn't really about social networking. It is more about user reviews And better search results.
    I read all the comments to see if anyone has written this - Finally you wrote it.
    As for the thread - why are we comparing google and facebook like they are two social networks. Like come on! The only way we can compare them is by the service they both offers: the PPC and who is the best or worth investing it. Is google's service better or Facebook's. PLus at this field they both compete!! So they could never ever establish a partnership as that would be beneficial only for the one that actually gets less money from the service.
    La la la la la la la
    Ingersoll Watches

Um? You are correct, but don't confuse +1 with Google+, LOL Google announced Google+ was an experiment in creating it's own social experiment..

Probably in response to the fact that more and more people are using facebook to search for what the want.. (Why every business need to be on facebook)
    Ron Boyd

There aren't really many 'reliable' search stats for Facebook. But the stats out there are pretty low. In March 2010, usage of Facebook’s internal search engine peaked at 2.7% of U.S. searches. Keep in mind... Most of the searches conducted on Facebook are individuals searching for friends... Not businesses.

It would be interesting to learn the stats on the numbers of people who use Facebook search when they are actually looking to make a purchase.
    Last edited by mter9248; 07-14-2011 at 09:59 AM.

... Most of the searches conducted on Facebook are individuals searching for friends... Not businesses. It would be interesting to learn the stats on the numbers of people who use Facebook search when they are actually looking to make a purchase.
    That is a perceptive thought. Quite possibly the statistics are not available anyway.
    'It is perseverance and not genius that takes a man to the top.' - Cicero (attrib) *** 'Oh, yeah? That's easy for a genius to say.' - C0ldf1re.

I agree there's no 'real' stats on what or how many people are utilizing facebook search for other than looking for friends, but from client's experience I know adding a facebook page for their business(es) provided a dramatic increase in traffic to their site direct from facebook... Their traffic also increases from search engines, but we can see a substantial increase in traffic directly referred from facebook via a 'page'...
    Ron Boyd

To Add To The Confusion

It still looks to me like this is going to be a really big up-hill battle for Google - this article at WebProNews entitled Is Google Creating Too Much Confusion Around Google+? touches the problem a little more...