Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Microsoft Purchases Skype - 8.5 Billion

Threaded View

Thumbs up Microsoft Purchases Skype - 8.5 Billion

I'm so happy. I love Skype and all but I love Microsoft much more, especially in this sphere of things. In my opinion, now that Microsoft has purchased Skype, the great program we love to use to communicate with people all over the planet, it going to get better - much better - some would say, more money, more problems, but I don't think that's the case today.

Do you?

A direct quote from Tony Bates who will become President of the new Microsoft Skype Division

I believe this acquisition is the very best way to extend Skype’s reach and will allow us to bring real-time video and voice communications to more people around the world than ever before. The combination of Skype and Microsoft will directly benefit all of you who use Skype by ushering in a new era of generative ways for everyone to communicate.
    Integration, integration, integration hopefully into almost everything we use on our PCs related to MS.

The deal has already been approved by the boards of directors of both companies so there's nothing we can about it now, other than enjoy the future updates we'll be sure to find.

Last edited by morestar; 05-10-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added quote...

2. The following user agrees with morestar: