Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dofollow Sites?

Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    I'm afraid that you'll need to ask the Red Queen.
    You are right. But the question is rarely answered and all I hear is the diminishing echo of the question reverberating off the internal walls of the servers, never to be answered. Sigh...
    Hidden Content Solutions in Markham
    Hidden Content Web Design for business
    Hidden Content - Spread your business message locally and around the world!

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    You are right. But the question is rarely answered and all I hear is the diminishing echo of the question reverberating off the internal walls of the servers, never to be answered. Sigh...
    Having the White Knight talking backwards at the same time doesn't help either.

For now it is still a viable technique, but for how long we don't know. There has been talk about the next Google update giving less or no weight to forum and blog posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    For now it is still a viable technique, but for how long we don't know. There has been talk about the next Google update giving less or no weight to forum and blog posts.
    A "viable technique" for attaining what?

Such links are already of exceedingly low value.

Agree with all of them, participating in nofollow forums relevant to your site will give you relevant traffic as well hence; probable clients or buyers too

Quote Originally Posted by celine33 View Post
    Agree with all of them, ...
    Interesting, given that we are not all here in agreement!

Quote Originally Posted by celine33 View Post
    ... participating in nofollow forums relevant to your site will give you relevant traffic as well hence; probable clients or buyers too
    So, if the links bear rel="nofollow" people aren't going to click on them?

Does this mean that such links are invisible? Or, perhaps that some tag is displayed that tells people not to use them? Or, ... ?

if the nofollow links do actually count, why is there such controversy over it? Where did it get started in the first place that they wouldn't count?

Quote Originally Posted by marlowmcknight View Post
    if the nofollow links do actually count, why is there such controversy over it? Where did it get started in the first place that they wouldn't count?
    The usual reason.

Rather than doing independent research, people just repeat the words of someone else who didn't completely and accurately do the research.

Quote Originally Posted by nitpat1 View Post
    Nofollow tag means to search engines that not follow through to that link
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by nitpat1 View Post
    not count the anchor text in determining what terms the page being linked to is relevant for.
    False.

Already well explained here and elsewhere. Look for the facts, rather than just repeating someone else's falsehoods; they're out there.

... Look for the facts, rather than just repeating someone else's falsehoods; they're out there.
    They are both out there! The facts and the falsehoods. The proportion of posts tend to favor the falsehoods, I think, thereby spreading the confusion.

... Rather than doing independent research, people just repeat the words of someone else who didn't completely and accurately do the research.
    That is exactly what I plan to do. The research bit, I mean, not the other thing! There are a few forums where I post that give nofollow sig-links, and I plan to see if they cause a webpage to be indexed and/or boost it in serps. Not that I doubt a Deep, but previously accurate statements still need to be periodically checked to see if Google has changed the rules.
    Last edited by C0ldf1re; 06-12-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    'It is perseverance and not genius that takes a man to the top.' - Cicero (attrib) *** 'Oh, yeah? That's easy for a genius to say.' - C0ldf1re.