Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody using duckduckgo as their search engine?

I had heard of it but used it before today. I put in a few of my keywords and they rank better there than on Google, so I hope lots of people use it

I just checked it out and I rank about the same on it as on google.
    That said, I really like the duck logo, and I like the idea of COMPETITION keeping the big boys (or in this case, the big boy) honest.

You as a webmaster can hear the name duckduckgo everywhere in a little while. Getting users privacy information is common nowadays but DDG they have the good stand at it not storing or stealing users privacy information this is a great thing for the users in related to the privacy concern. Moreover, the results for the search queries are also looks better. There are too many conversations over many discussion boards about DDG search engine. DDG may get the better place of search engine usage very sooner.

I sometimes use it, but not now. He did not use the Google base?
    And who has traffic from this search engine?

I didn't know of duckduckgo search engine and never hear of this search engine.But now i will use it to see how does it work....

Brofarops seo

DuckDuckGo is one of the older SEs out. I tell others webmasters to think beyond the Big 3 when optimizing. I also encourage other SEO consultants to use alternative SEs when working with their clients.

Quote Originally Posted by brofarops View Post
    DuckDuckGo is one of the older SEs out. I tell others webmasters to think beyond the Big 3 when optimizing. I also encourage other SEO consultants to use alternative SEs when working with their clients.
    This makes no sense. The big three represent about 99% of all search traffic. Even considering tweaking you code for an obscure SE is bordering on SEO malpractice. It's impossible to target your code for each SE peculiarities. You need to pick one and let the others fall where they may. But since you encourage webmasters to optimize for these these other engines, tell me exactly how you would optimize for the big three plus these other search engines that is any way different than just optimizing for the big three? One example would suffice.

BroFarOps SEO

Clay: I disagree with the 99% query of the Big 3 quote, there are over 700,000 SEs and directories AND more coming online. One of the Big 3 is only reading the title tag and making up their own description, another is reading the title, description, and x-meta keywords not the actual meta keywords, and the third is feeding off the other two. With over 700,000 Little SEs and directories the optimization should be robot.txt to fit "all" or atleast the majority. SEO optimization in todays world is more than meta tags or ASCII coding, rather its ISP or UTF, as you know. Many SEs have their own PRs, forums, advertising, and so on within their portals. Clay I hope I answered some of your question.

Umm, there is just so much wrong with that post it is not funny. Brofarops: until you actually know more about SEO, I would suggest just keeping to the easy questions mate.
    William Cross
    Web Development by Those Damn Coders
    Firearm Friendly Websites because our constitution matters

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brofarops View Post
    DuckDuckGo is one of the older SEs out.
    At less than four years old I'd hesitate to call it one of the older.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, has anyone ever seen DuckDuckBot visit either WebProWorld or their own site(s)?