Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community spirit - reviewing sites with no replies

Well I just got here a few minutes ago . This is my 2nd posting. I will try hard to reveiw as many as I can ,but I am far from being an expert. I will give my opinion. I will try to give the best possible information. But I do not know a thing about the ALT jargon or anything like that. My opinion will be in simple terms until I know what the other terms are. Is that OK? Or would people prefer the computer jargon stuff?
    Thank you for your time
    Sheila
    www.caronworldwideretail.itcstore.com

re: submerged sites

Info 202 suggested that we should acknowledge all commments and so we should - if only out of politeness !

However I cannot find a way to search for postings that may have been replied to. Am I missing something ?

John

Re: re: submerged sites

Quote Originally Posted by Owens88
    Info 202 suggested that we should acknowledge all commments and so we should - if only out of politeness !
    However I cannot find a way to search for postings that may have been replied to. Am I missing something ?
    Yes, Owens88, you are missing something. When masterpeace created this thread, all was explained.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpeace
    As many of you are aware one thing in Site Review which is hard to keep tabs on with is how quickly posts gets pushed to page two... sometimes without getting even one review.

As a lot of members are pretty busy, few have time to check out page 2,3, 4 etc and so once these requests pass onto page two they often remain unanswered.

Oddly enough I didn't notice till recently (call me blind - I won't argue!) the "Read Topics With No Replies" link at the top right of page one of the the Site Review forum, but now I have I'd like to encourage other members to be "community minded" and check that link now and again to specifically look for the sites that have "missed out". If we all pitch in maybe less sites will get overlooked in future.

And as always if you have any questions or concerns about the forum feel free to PM one of the mods and we will eb gald to help out as best we can.

Tania
    In conclusion, it seems the link which is located at the top of forum.php [View unanswered posts] and what I believe to be a new addition, viewforum.php [Read Topics with No Replies] does not attract user's attention.

There now appears to be two types of search, that will return results only with no replies. By using search.php, and as previously mentioned, a new method, which I believe to be exclusive to WebProWorld, noreplies.php.

I hope to have been of help in ending this matter once and for all. :)

Community spirit - reviewing sites with no replies

Lee thank you so much for pointing out the click the link named View your posts and for pointing out itís location I must admit I hadnít noticed it, but now I know itís there I will be sure to use it.

You're more than welcome. :)

WebProWorld MVP

Re: Community spirit - reviewing sites with no replies

I always try to review sites when I logo on every day or so. I figure that if others have had the time to look at my site I can do the same. I even have tried to go back as far as page 10 to look at sites that ask for a review. Some of them have gone to the top of the list and have been getting some more reviews since I have done this. I figure the ones that have the time will and the ones that can with what little time they have will also. Eventiually it all comes out.
    YourWeb The Friendliest Shopping Mall On The Net |
    Buying First Time

It doesn't take too much time to drop a couple of thoughts down. You may need to cash in on a favor some time.

good advice

Helpful advice, thank you.

This is a great thread. It is like pulling teeth to get site reviews here. Therefore, I'll be happy to do quickie site reviews for anyone requesting one (as time allows). Good luck and good coding.
    I use Country IP Blocks as added security for my networks and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by info202 View Post
    I think part of the problem about non-reviews (or getting only one and then the request is shoved to page 2-3-4, etc.) is that when a site is reviewed, the poster makes no comment. By not commenting on the current review, the request keeps getting farther and farther beyond the first page. If the original poster would, at least, acknowledge the review, it can stay current and more people would tend to view the request and perhaps review it. I've reviewed some sites on which there was no activity after my review... If the poster checked his/her review request, he/she should make a comment and keep the request in the forefront..

just my opinion......
    Very good point. What in theory is a great idea...asking for and getting help about one's website, is in fact one of the biggest waste of times imaginable. Information seekers can sometimes be ill mannered self-centered leeches who lack the netiquette to simply say "thank you" after someone takes the time to help....or at the very least to, as you say, "acknowledge the review". (God forbid they should actually display gratefullness).

Any time I personally get any kind of help here at wpw I make a point of saying thanks.....which basically amounts to every second post.

It would be great if more people were like me in this regard.