Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Non-Technical Tips for Better WordPress Blog Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Optic View Post
    Is that supposed to be working now? I heard of the new tag, but haven't put it in my themes yet.

It sure is Optic, you can read how source attribution works and why it could be a benefit to your site. I started looking into it a few weeks ago. If you own the content there isn't a reason not to use it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by morestar View Post
    It sure is Optic, you can read how source attribution works and why it could be a benefit to your site. I started looking into it a few weeks ago. If you own the content there isn't a reason not to use it I guess.
    It won't hurt, but I'm not going to add code that doesn't do anything, since I own all my content.
    I build custom WordPress themes and plugins with love, and occasionally post on my stupid blog about related topics. Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by morestar View Post
    What? You don't think that every CMS out there is going to pick up that tag and put it on every article in a site even when the articles are not owned by that site, thus making yet another stupid tag worthless like nofollow?

Stop wasting time on tags that are never going anywhere.
    William Cross
    Web Development by Those Damn Coders
    Firearm Friendly Websites because our constitution matters

where do you delete auto drafts?
    In search of the self determined path

Quote Originally Posted by dgswilson View Post
    where do you delete auto drafts?
    The autodrafts are in the wp_posts table. If you aren't familiar with phpmyadmin, I would not mess with this on a live site with any traffic.
    I build custom WordPress themes and plugins with love, and occasionally post on my stupid blog about related topics. Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic View Post
    The autodrafts are in the wp_posts table
    Thanks, here is what I was looking for. I used the wrong word (draft)

wp config.php

/*
    * Limit # of revisions saved in database (2).
    */
    define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', 2);

Once again for non-technical ways, get rid of extraneous dns requests. I don't know how to do anything for adsense but any images like bookmark icons and so on I put those on my server.
    In search of the self determined path

Tip #4 - Full internal links in posts

RSS makes it easy for others to syndicate your content on their blogs. Some people have a problem with this, but I think of it as free links. In every post, use contextual linking to other posts using the full url.

This will increase the chances of getting links to your content when it's used on autoblogs or other places syndicating our posts. Not all will leave the links intact, but many will. If you find someone using your posts and not linking back to you, ask them to either restore the links, or remove your content.

You can also install Yoast's wordpress SEO plugin, or RSS Footer, which lets you put links in the footer of your RSS feeds. This is good for links are your actual subscribers.
    Good tips.
    2 years ago using this I got good trafic on my site
    [ not enough posts ]