Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is AdWords a Waste Of Time?

Start small. A small budget. A few keywords. A few ads. Experiment. Track. Measure your performance. You'll improve significantly.
    Simply Clicks | Simply Clicks | UK Search Blog | Travel Thinking | Smarter Search Marketing

I have been using adWords or about a year and I have found that you can spend your ad dollars more effectively if you do three things: 1). Use a broad set of keywords (especially if your main key words are expensive) 2). Use negative key words to restrict certain user types. For example, there may be instances where "free" is a word you want to avoid. 3). Use the keyword parameter in your ad titles {Keyword:Put Your Keyword Here} and create an individual add for each key word. Using the keyword parameter makes your ads more relevant and you will have higher quality rank and will pay less per click.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas SEO View Post
    Organic FIRST, then take the keyword research you've done and apply those top performaing terms to your paid search marketing efforts. It's that simple.
    Not that simple at all.

For certain highly competitive sectors, where the targeted keywords yield far too many inferior organic listings, PPC advertising may not only yield a higher ROI than does SEO, the latter may be prohibitively costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Online Writing Services View Post
    I've managed to be successful in a few marketing methods, article marketing to name one. One thing is though, I actually offer this as a service and want to hit it a bit harder. I know there are plenty of people that can get these sort of services to convert, but any campaign I have ran for other things has not been paticularly successful. Any ideas?
    There is no single best answer here. As with any other media, all is dependent on the product/service being offered, the demographics of the target audience, the demographics of the audience of the channel in question, and the competition in that channel for the same audience.

The only was to find out is to test, test, and test.

The problem with using Google ad-word is that if you don't really understand how to properly use it, your money will be wasted which is terrible. The bottom line there are people who are making tons of profit out using ad-word at the same time there are people who can't even get even. If for instance you can get your conversion rate at 15%, it's not a problem you can still make some profits. But, the problem is when your conversion rate is way lower than that which can result in the lost of lots of money. To answer your question Google ad-word can not be a waste of time and money if it's done the right way and convert well.

Here is a great video that I've found on youtube which may help as far as Google ad-word is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by greatar4 View Post
    Here is a great video that I've found on youtube which may help as far as Google ad-word is concerned.
    (Well, there's 10 min. that I'd like to get back.)

Setting aside the fact that this video is laden with disconnected statements and arbitrarily chosen numerical values, such that it is vague and confusing to the point of being of virtually no value, what has "How To Kill at Affiliate Marketing Google Adwords" to do with the OP's question?

I have just ventured into adwords and found that manual cpc is not your best choice when first starting out, let adwords auto bid and you will get a better traffic-cpc-rate.

Not sure what you mean by "traffic-cpc-rate;" but, can say that auto-bidding is not designed to give you the best ROI.

Oh. By traffic-cpc-rate I meant adwords looking at the amount of traffic per hour, your cpc, and your daily budget to determine a 'best spend' campaign opportunity.

How do you do for fraudulently clicks?
    I see that when I pay more for clicks I get less sales from the same ads thus I think It is clicks from the competition?
    Any advise?
    Thanks.