Hey everyone. Even though we love visiting Facebook, we're all busy people. We all want to find time to read all the status updates from the Facebook pages we like but sometimes we can't. Sometimes we have to ignore updates and get on with our lives.
Well if you're one of the people who use Facebook as an internet marketing strategy, by publishing content to your Fan pages, the same thing could happen to you. Your content could get missed and pushed to the bottom of the news feed. Of course even being at the bottom of the news feed is still valuable it's not as valuable as a click-through and a conversion.
So for those of us who use Facebook pages as a part of our internet marketing strategies, we post various types of updates to our fans and gauge the value of our articles by checking out such things as traffic reports and impression counts but like a press release, is there a better day of the week to post that update to your fans?
Some Facebook Fan Page Metrics To Consider
Well moving away from the day of the week for a quick moment, we'll find there are other metrics to consider such as member age. Another is gender. Another is the country of your members and even the state or province but when it comes to days it might be wise to consider whether or not the day is a holiday, what kind of holiday it is, the days of the week and/or the time of the day when there is the most traffic.
That's quite a bit of information to sift through and calculate but if you have the time and resources to do so, the research will probably pay off - no matter what size business you are.
So with all that said, I would suppose, I would have to agree with this article where the OP and the first comment sum up that Sunday is the day Facebook receives the most traffic.
It's summed up as follows:
- Sunday - impressions surged in evening; people started catching up on people they met over the weekend and posted photos
- Monday -Similarly high and seemingly more post weekend activity (browsing profiles, exchanging messages). The bored or at least procrastinating at work network drives the activity.
- Tuesday - impressions way down- people get to work and stop screwing around on the site. Many of them waiting to hear back from that hot guy or girl they "friended" or messaged.
- Wednesday - back to Monday levels. Folks hear back on their friend requests and messages.
- Thursday - even higher activity. Users start to set up plans for the weekend.
- Friday - impressions drop precipitously - people are out.
- Saturday - impressions bottom out. Always, even in hey day of MySpace, the lowest day of the week. - people are out.
I agree with the above ideas for the most part and they seem to make sense but everyone's niche market is different.
I can safely say, with respect to my first signature link, a lot of the best times to post status updates would be after mid-night when people are coming home from the bars or during holidays where family means the most.
What do you think? What niche market are you in in which that ideas above definitely don't apply?
Is there another metric in the list that we haven't covered? Let me know!