Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which browser is best ??

Banned

which browser is best ??

which browser is best

1) google chrome
    2) Mozilla firefox
    3) opera

Best for what? What is your main concern?
    1. Browsing with many windows open? (Opera has Tab stacking, windows tiling and cascading).
    2. Security - like online shopping?
    3. Efficiency - speed and user friendliness? Turbo browsing.
    I am from Norway so I am not ojective, but here (hopefully readers of this thread read those threads before they state their opinions).
    1. http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster...y-for-download
    2. http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster...hopping-online
    are two important reasons why I regard Opera as the most secure and efficient browser in the world.
    Hidden Content :: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Conversations creates communities and conversions create profit.

I prefer firefox for all my work related stuff. Just because it has so many webmaster useful addons.

Second choice is chrome that I use 3-4 times a week for less work related activities.

Personally I use Firefox and have been now for about 5 years. Before that, IE was my browser of choice. It showed me Firefox was its tabbed browsing capability (open multiple sites in one window), an option now available in IE 8 My only complaint about Firefox is the inability to play online PC games that requires ActiveX, a feature that is not supported by Firefox. Otherwise, I think Firefox is running circles around the others.

Quote Originally Posted by akkaiberry View Post
    Before that, IE was my browser of choice. It showed me Firefox was its tabbed browsing capability (open multiple sites in one window), an option now available in IE 8
    Then it should be of interest to you that Opera was the first browser to support tabs. Opera 11 has as I personally see it much more advanced Tab stacking than FF 4.09 Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by kgun View Post
    Now I see how it is done in FF 4 by clicking the square in the upper right corner.

I personally prefer the way it is done in Opera. Example. I wan't an Adobe tab group containing

1. http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ations-Screens
    2. http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flexsdk_hero/videos/
    3. http://www.adobe.com/

I simply drag the first and the second tag over the third and I have an adobe tag groub indicated by the Tab Group Button and the correct name on the group. When you want to expand or collapse the group, you click the Tab Group Button. To my knowledge there is no limit to the number of tab groups.

FF 4's Panorama tab organizing function is as far as I can see it more similar to Opera's speed button (tabbing) that has been there for years. I have not tested it but it may be possible to combine the speed button with tab groups, that is a third dimension.

When you hover over a tab group, the individual pages are displayed, so you don't need to click the Tab Gorup Button to open all the individual tabs. In the hover over view, you only click the tab you want to open in that specific group.

A further / future functionality I can think of would be via Opera Unite or Opera Link to combine tab groups from different computers via the internet or via your network. In that way an organization can for each employer have m common and n individual tab groups. When you get used to it, tab grouping is more user friendly / faster than using your favourites (even shared via Opera Link).
    Source: (Post #72). http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster...l=1#post546857

Moderators I suggest that you close this thread because:

1. The original poster seem to have been a spammer.
    2. Only trivialities - without major interest seem to be posted here.
    Hidden Content

I think Google Chrome is by far the best, BUT firefox has some killer addons I really love using which Google Chrome does not have. This has forced me to continue using firefox for now, but hopefully I can move to Chrome soon enough.

Related thread here: Google + Opera the n'th dimension.
    Hidden Content

WebProWorld MVP
    I prefer Firefox due to its webmaster friendliness.
    It does have so many add-ons that can shape the website to a great extent.

I don't buy a car because of all the add ons. I buy the car because I like it better than other cars. I use a browser because I like that software.

Threads like this take time, and is the main reason I use less and less time here and may finally leave the forum. A lot of threads of real interest get no attention. If you look at my last posts you find some.

It was obvious from the start that the Op poster was a spammer and the post should have been deleted. Some may like that kgun spends time defending Opera in these noninformative threads.

So opinions are different. This post is written using FF however. I use both FF and Opera daily. Both browsers have their comparative advantages where some are mentioned in this thread.

What a vaste of time. What an absoulute vaste of time kgun.

I know I have the option not to answer and I think I choose that option now.
    Hidden Content

I've been using Rockmelt a lot lately.. Nice and light and fast.. I like the integrated social stuff on the sidebar.. But since it's beta there are still some minor issues with it..
    You can't create artful marketing with color by number seo