Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems Getting Site Relaunched Crawled

Get some quality backlinks and crawling and indexing will be faster and the ranking of your site will be better.

It's not the indexing I worried about. It is having my home page crawled and cached. Because it has not been it does not turn up in searched for the new keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by savantcreative View Post
    Because it has not been it does not turn up in searched for the new keywords.
    That's the indexing.

Because it is an existing domain the index.html file is indexed. The problem is that it has not been crawled so Google just not know the content of the new page just the old one. Does that make sense?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd View Post
    Your new content isn't indexed, because it isn't even crawled.
    http://seoblog.intrapromote.com/2008...ference_1.html
    You got that backwards. He has been crawled and indexed. That's why his new pages are showing. It's the new index page that isn't in the SERPs yet. The new pages have new URLs so it was very clear to index them. The home pafge has the same URL so it's still showing the old content until it figures out it's also new content.

Thank you Clay. That is exactly what is happening. Do you think there is anything I can do to speed things up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_V View Post
    search savantcreativegroup and it comes up. although the cache is missing most of the layout, so, things are still updating I take it.

Tony V
    The cache is clearly not the newer site.

It doesn't look as though your site was relaunched on 11/18 since the Google cache of 11/24 shows text that is not what your current site shows.

With PR2, I am guessing your site is not going to be crawled more frequently than once a month - what was the usual interval? A powerful link or two might effect it, or a big social network push. If you could drive a large amount of traffic and get a series of retweets, you might have success in shortening the time.
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter who knows Search Smart Design®. | Travel Gypsy in Key West. | Get the Cyber Key to SEO Web Design.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    It's not the indexing I worried about. It is having my home page crawled and cached. Because it has not been it does not turn up in searched for the new keywords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernd View Post
    That's the indexing.
    Because it is an existing domain the index.html file is indexed. The problem is that it has not been crawled so Google just not know the content of the new page just the old one. Does that make sense?
    Thanks
    There seems to be some confusion here re. what indexing is and is not.

Simply put, indexing is no more than an SE taking note that it knows of the existence of something. That something may be merely a URI; or, it may be the contents of that URI.

What it does or does not do based on such knowledge is immaterial to its being indexed. Absence of evidence of such in the SERPs does not speak to its being or not being indexed, with one exception; if one does a search for a URI, with no match found, then that URI is either not indexed or is banned.

Now, obviously, a URI can be indexed without that being the case for its content; however, the converse cannot be true. And, for content to be indexed, it must first be crawled.

As both the cache and description snippets are dependent on the content being crawled and indexed, failure of a SERP listing to reflect current content in one or both of these elements signals four possible causes:
    1. Content not crawled;
    2. Content not indexed;
    3. Corrupted indices; or,
    4. Corrupted or delayed data base replication.

Before spending any time guessing as to the cause of the perceived problem, first determine if one actually exists, by finding out when the resources(s) in question was(were) last visited by googlebot.

Between your host logs and Goggle Webmaster Tools account you should be able to find that data.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    With PR2, I am guessing your site is not going to be crawled more frequently than once a month ...
    I see PR 0 sites crawled 20 or more time a month on an ongoing basis.