Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi browser?

Multi browser?

Is there any such thing as a multi browser. Like a browser that holds all the major browser and then within that browser you should be able to toggle between them so that you can check your websites compatibility in all the different browsers.

I hope that wasn't confusing. Anyways I think a tool like that would be awesome and much appreciate by many programmers and designers.

There are two different approaches to this. One is Firefox, which supports addons that allow sites to be opened in tabs and rendered with the IE rendering engine. Another is SuperPreview, which allows you to view a page in IE 7, IE 8, IE 6, Firefox and Safari. SuperPreview is a premium product from Microsoft, part of MS Expression, but it does seem to give the widest range of browsers to test in. There is also BrowserLab, a premium service from Adobe, which allows Dreamweaver users to test sites in a variety of browsers.
    The best way to learn anything, is to question everything.
    Hidden Content

WebProWorld MVP
    I have tested browsershots.
    You can check that.
    It is a very useful tool for webmaster in developing his website.

Quote Originally Posted by ewok View Post
    Is there any such thing as a multi browser. Like a browser that holds all the major browser and then within that browser you should be able to toggle between them so that you can check your websites compatibility in all the different browsers.

I hope that wasn't confusing. Anyways I think a tool like that would be awesome and much appreciate by many programmers and designers.
    In addition to what others have mentioned, there's also a hack for IE where you can right click (the page or link) and "Open in FireFox". I can post that if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by wige View Post
    One is Firefox, which supports addons that allow sites to be opened in tabs and rendered with the IE rendering engine.
    There's at least one more extension: OperaView.

FireFox is a good way to do this for testing. Though I have FireFox, IE and Chrome all loaded on my computer anyway. Tend to use them all for different things.

Wow! Thanks for this information! I now know what a multi-browser is! I used to open Firefox and Chrome at the same time for various testings.

Something I do not believe these tools...
    It Safer to me when I test the site in IE or FF...
    I uninstall Opera two years ago ...
    Whether for business or pleasure, conference or enjoyment Hidden Content and Hidden Content provides professional limo service throughout the Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton airport transportation and Miami...

Why waste your time with multiple browsers to test things? Get smart people...

https://browserlab.adobe.com/
    William Cross
    Hidden Content by Those Damn Coders
    Hidden Content because our constitution matters

Quote Originally Posted by williamc View Post
    Why waste your time with multiple browsers to test things? Get smart people...

https://browserlab.adobe.com/
    But it seems one has to have Creative Suite 5 for that, which costs a fortune.