Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Spybot Question

Spybot Question

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is better to keep or get rid of Back Web Lite. From my understanding HP automatically installs this on their computers. It is marked in red, but I'm not sure if this will help or hinder if I get rid of it.

Any Comments?

Thank you,
    Sherry
    www.showerherbaby.com

Re: Spybot Question

Quote Originally Posted by showerherbaby
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is better to keep or get rid of Back Web Lite. From my understanding HP automatically installs this on their computers. It is marked in red, but I'm not sure if this will help or hinder if I get rid of it.
    Sherry
    www.showerherbaby.com
    You can read all about Backweb Lite here:
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/B/Backweb.asp.

How intrusive it is seems to depend on what piece of software installed the beast. I'm not sure what you mean by "It is marked in red" but it appears its sole legitimate purpose is to autoscan for HP updates. Since there are several other ways to download and install HP updates, including going to the HP website and subscribing to their product update notification newsletter, I can't see any harm in uninstalling it. In fact, if it were my computer, I would uninstall it in a heartbeat, because I don't like any programs doing things behind my back unless I explicitly instruct them do to so (and then of course it's not really behind my back).

If you do decide to uninstall the critter, I'd suggest that you run an updated version of one of the free spychecker programs (Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy) to make sure it's really gone.

...and by the way, somebody better shower that baby soon before it gets a rash... :-)

...and by the way, somebody better shower that baby soon before it gets a rash... :-)

Tee hee...too funny:) I know it's not the best name out there, but all of the really good ones were taken:)

P.S. Did you say rash? Well, Shower Her Baby offers a Wonderfull, all natural, talc-free baby powder.....

(Now how was that for a plug)

PPS Thank you for the info.

www.showerherbaby.com

Quote Originally Posted by showerherbaby
    Tee hee...too funny:) I know it's not the best name out there, but all of the really good ones were taken:)
    Actually, it's a memorable name and that's a whole lot better than a chic name, if you ask me...

P.S. Did you say rash? Well, Shower Her Baby offers a Wonderfull, all natural, talc-free baby powder... (Now how was that for a plug)
    I can honestly say that, at this point in my life (I live with teenagers), if I spotted a baby around here, with or without a rash, baby powder would not be the first thing I would head for. It might not even be in the top 10 and it certainly wouldn't be ahead of a good shot of scotch to steady my nerves (aka for medicinal purposes only).

PPS Thank you for the info.
    www.showerherbaby.com
    You are very welcome :-)

Minstrel wrote:

I can honestly say that, at this point in my life (I live with teenagers), if I spotted a baby around here, with or without a rash, baby powder would not be the first thing I would head for. It might not even be in the top 10 and it certainly wouldn't be ahead of a good shot of scotch to steady my nerves (aka for medicinal purposes only).

LOL:) I here that loud and clear, only make mine a margarita:)