Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Backlinks - What is the best way to get them?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35
    There are many ways of getting backlinks, the quick methods are by forum posting and blog commenting, however you can gain backlinks by link exchange too. Always be sure that you have backlinks only from quality sites, else it could harm your SEO.

  2. #22
    Senior Member govindseo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolesz View Post
    There are many ways of getting backlinks, the quick methods are by forum posting and blog commenting, .
    These methods are helping to generates traffic only not help full to getting PR for a web page,because most of the blogs are providing no follow links and forums provides such a deep links so that forums links has a little value in PR but yes of course helping to generate traffic.

    however you can gain backlinks by link exchange too. Always be sure that you have backlinks only from quality sites, else it could harm your SEO
    Will you explains the quality of quality sites and please inform us about harms if I get a back link from a lower quality sites?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    219
    In the order of importance...

    Article submission
    Directory submission
    Forum postings
    Social bookmarking
    Blog commenting

  4. #24
    Moderator mjtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    7,052
    Quote Originally Posted by govindseo View Post
    These methods are helping to generates traffic only not help full to getting PR for a web page,because most of the blogs are providing no follow links and forums provides such a deep links so that forums links has a little value in PR but yes of course helping to generate traffic.
    Forum links have no value for PR? I have to say my experience doesn't agree with you. But it does require significant participation over a long period of time. Hit and run style forum comments seem to have little value either way.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by govindseo View Post
    Will you explains the quality of quality sites and please inform us about harms if I get a back link from a lower quality sites?
    Links from "bad neighborhoods" can be detrimental, apparently, if you acquire enough of them ... but generally, it's links OUT to bad neighborhoods that are the problem.

    If bad incoming links were harmful, your competition could smear you with bad links, eh?

    From: http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=34444
    There's almost nothing a competitor can do to harm your ranking or have your site removed from our index. If you're concerned about another site linking to yours, we suggest contacting the webmaster of the site in question. Google aggregates and organizes information published on the web; we don't control the content of these pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by weblover50 View Post
    In the order of importance...

    Article submission
    Directory submission
    Forum postings
    Social bookmarking
    Blog commenting
    I will agree that of the "self service link" building options article placement rules. But directory submission before forum posts? How do you figure? Didn't we all get the memo about directory links being discounted by Google?
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter who knows Search Smart DesignŽ. | Travel Gypsy in Key West. | Get the Cyber Key to SEO Web Design.

  5. #25
    WebProWorld MVP williamc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a really big hill in Kentucky
    Posts
    4,538
    Quote Originally Posted by weblover50 View Post
    In the order of importance...
    according to who?
    William Cross
    Web Development by Those Damn Coders
    Firearm Friendly Websites because our constitution matters

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    14
    What do you guys use for article submission then?

    Do you just do a press release announcing your new site? If so where do you send it?

    Or is it better to do an article / press release on a subject area close to your site and provide links?

    Cheers
    Webmaster at London, Nissan Juke & Liverpool .

  7. #27
    Junior Member portgas51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Doing SEO Strategy like linkbuilding and these are some samples..

    blog and forum posting in Do follow and high pr sites...
    Social bookmarking
    Article submission
    Press release
    and also, don't forget how Social networking sites like Twitter and MySpace can help you with this..

    <link deleted> Please Read The Forum Rules on Signatures.
    Last edited by mjtaylor; 07-16-2010 at 10:46 AM.

  8. #28
    Member Registernuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by moneymarketer View Post
    Hi Guys
    What would you say is the best way to get backlinks to your website?
    In regards to your question, It would really depend on what is you definition of "the best way". For me the best way is not really the quickest way. For me the best way is to achieve links gradually over a period of time(months/years) by the methods that have already been mentioned. For me it has worked the best by leaving thoughtful and useful comments on blogs and forums and then do some press releases from time to time. Sadly I do not have enough time for posting and "blogging" or commenting or sending out a press releases every once in awhile, but in my few years of experience I have found it too work well for me and from what I have learned from this forum and what the more experienced users have mentioned it seems to be one of the "safest ways" of doing so, which for me in essence is the "best way".
    Last edited by Registernuke; 07-15-2010 at 11:58 PM.
    Purchase Web Address and other website services at discount prices.
    Looking to start a small online business than take a look at our Domain Reseller plans.
    Register your very own Web Domain name and hosting with 24/7 support.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8
    really the best method is if you can create unique and fantastic content! if you can do that, links will come!

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Mine is contextual link building also like blogging and writing lens and of course forum posting because this is where I am learning a lot aside from being able to post my signature.
    Professional Web Design Services and SEO Company in Nottingham

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •