Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook gonna start a search engine?

Facebook gonna start a search engine?

Hey guys,

i read a news about faebook's interest to start another SE. Any updates about it? or just another rumour?
    Avail Hidden Content distribution and Hidden Content

Well I don't think it will have success because Google never had success in social networking because here FB is the giant, but the same applies for FB, they will never have success in the search engine industry.
    Be cool, be nice, act like a pro. Hidden Content

I don't think so but I read an article that Facebook is teaming up with Yahoo on the other forum discussion.

I saw a facebook useragent on my forum site last day.

I think zolesz is right afterall google is the Daddy of all the Search Engine's.

Apparently it's not just a rumor- http://venturebeat.com/2010/11/13/facebook-bing-seo

I view facebook as already a quasi-search engine in and of itself. Perhaps the more toward being a wholesale and authoritative provider of indexed information - whether or not they call it a search engine - is somewhat inevitable. Although, again, the head space the average facebook user is operating within whilst on facebook is less an intelligence gathering one than a veg out one for my money. Interesting to see how facebook capitalize fully on their huge eye ball resource...
    World-class Hidden Content , South Africa.
    Experience the Hidden Content - Africa's #1 Safari destination.
    The magic that is the Serengeti: Hidden Content an African odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig@Trinity View Post
    Apparently it's not just a rumor- http://venturebeat.com/2010/11/13/facebook-bing-seo
    Well, here's a refreshing post in this thread. An actual reference instead of mere speculation. Rep awarded. Sometimes I think people will just say anything to post.

Quote Originally Posted by innominds View Post
    I do agree with your opinion.
    Even if Facebook launches search engine, it can't compete with Google.
    Really? It already competes with Google successfully. Not as a search engine, but both companies compete for the same advertising dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by ericjbeckar View Post
    anything is possible with Facebook. it may not be as successful as Google but hey, they got 500 million active users, someone has got to use it sooner or later.
    Use it sooner or later? What are you trying to say?

Google gets more visitors, but Facebook's 500 million members spend more total time on the social media giant than Google users spend on the search giant or its "products."

I believe this is a related topic and sheds some light on the issues: http://www.redorbit.com/news/technol...ok_and_google/
    Need to write a love letter to Google? I'm an SEO Copywriter Hidden Content Search Smart Design®. | Travel Gypsy in Hidden Content . | Get the Hidden Content to SEO Web Design.

Quote Originally Posted by flek View Post
    Hey guys,

i read a news about faebook's interest to start another SE. Any updates about it? or just another rumour?
    I think in many respects Facebook is already performing many of the basal functions of a search engine - certainly amongst the stalker demographic Seriously, though, I'm calling them the Fourth Wave of search and am very eager to see where they are going to try to capitalize on their huge user base.
    World-class Hidden Content , South Africa.
    Experience the Hidden Content - Africa's #1 Safari destination.
    The magic that is the Serengeti: Hidden Content an African odyssey.

Rest in Peace 1946 - 2013 deepsand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig@Trinity View Post
    A careful reading shows no mention there of an FB SE, but rather an agreement that

would allow Microsoft’s search engine to return results based on the Facebook “likes” of a user’s friends
    Whether that means that MSN will be providing internal search services for FB, or that FB will be providing data for Bing's SERPs is unclear.