Submit Your Article Forum Rules

Thread: Blur Text Effect

Blur Text Effect

I have a college who develops in Flash and is looking for something like the following component which is unfortunately not available any more...

http://www.jumpeyecomponents.com/Fla...Text-Effect-6/

Does anyone know of something similar?
    by Tony McCreath (Tiggerito)
    owner of Web Site Advantage

You might find that one of the text effects here http://patrickjansen.net/components/ would do something similar.

I assume you know you can easily achieve that effect in Flash, without additional component?

Web-Design-Guy, Any pointers I can send to my college?

I'm not a Flash Developer

Quote Originally Posted by mccreath View Post
    I'm not a Flash Developer
    But your colleague is, right? The link that chandrika provided ought to set him/her on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by weegillis View Post
    But your colleague is, right? The link that chandrika provided ought to set him/her on their way.
    I've sent him the link. That is a paid for package to solve the issue while Web-Design-Guy says its easy to do without components. If so it would be nice to know where to look to find out how.

As WDG said the effect in the link you showed could be done in Flash, no action scripting required. I have Flash 8 Pro and there is the option when you type some text, if you select it using the selection tool (V), right click and there is an option "timeline effects", choose that and then "blur". Then you can choose various options such as effect duration, whether you want horizontal and vertical movement (probably not) etc.

Another option would be to right click and choose timeline effects>>transition and again you can set various options to fade text in and out on the timeline.

I presume the options are available in later versions of Flash also...if not I guess said presets create a motion tween which he could also do, by converting the text to a symbol and then placing it at start and end point that he wants the effect to occur on the timeline, creating a motion tween between the 2 points and applying change in the alpha transparency levels between symbol 1 and 2.

nb..When "converting to symbol", choose it to be a graphic, so that you have the options in its properties to alter the color:alpha and set the percentage transparency required.
    Last edited by chandrika; 06-28-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Cheers chandrika,

I've pointed my college to your response.