View Full Version : Hosting
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
I am currently using free hosting and am thinking of migrating to a paid server. Is there a way of hosting on 2 servers in other locations and have them link somehow, so that if one server is down, it'll read info off another server?
If so how do I go about this?
02-14-2010, 10:06 PM
- Register hosting in 2 locations under the same domain name
- Sign up with dnsmadeeasy.com for one of their failover accounts (there are other providers)
- Set your domain to the dnsmadeeasy nameservers
- Add the IP of the hosting servers to the DNS zone as you set up failover, they have a tutorial
- Upload the site to both servers
- Figure out how to sync dynamic data e.g. database between both servers
Now when the primary site goes down the traffic should swap to the secondary site, there is a delay as DNS entries can be cached for excessive amounts of time by some ISPs and so on but it should work well enough for the majority.
03-05-2010, 06:22 AM
I suggest you look for a reliable hosting with 99.9% UPTIME having 24/7 live chat support.
you can get free domains with cheap hosting packages- UNLIMITED bandwidth and mailboxes.
Remember: if you are going to buy another server- You will have to pay extra.
Why not just use the same server for your website?
I think that it is possible for that... if you ever need disk space or bandwidth, just upgrade your hosting account
at a nominal cost.