PDA

View Full Version : Action-Packed AOL?

Brittany
10-17-2003, 04:30 PM
It wasn't a dark and stormy night. In all honesty, it was just your ordinary night. The sky was dark, the stars were out, and I was sitting in front of the computer, quietly surfing the web, with the television playing in the background.

Nothing spectacular, until.. I heard a familiar deep, dramatic voice say, "In a world..."

I turned around in my chair, only to find that the commercial wasn't describing the season's hottest new blockbuster film, but was instead advertising for the latest eye-popping, heart-pounding, action-packed version of... America Online?

I watched in amusement as the little yellow AOL guy went on car chases, threw himself from a burning building, and karate-chopped his way to become the "hero" of the commercial.

Regardless of what your thoughts on AOL may be, you have to admit, it's very entertaining. (Okay, so maybe it doesn't take much to entertain me...)

Now as far as the truth behind the commercial, sorry to burst any bubbles, but I'm not so sure version 9.0 is going to bring a power-packed punch of excitement into my life and leave me on the edge of my seat any time soon. Nevertheless, it is an amusing and original advertisement, and will probably give AOL a very welcome sales boost.

(You can watch the commercial on aol.com)

Have you seen any innovative, original, or creative advertisements lately? Share your stories of your favorite ads and the funniest commercials with the rest of WebProWorld!

redcircle
10-17-2003, 04:50 PM
I love the new dodge hemi commercial.

That thing gotta Hemi!... Sweet!

carbonize
10-17-2003, 08:40 PM
AOL 9? Sheesh we'v only just had the barrage of crap commercials for AOL 8!!

minstrel
10-18-2003, 12:20 AM
What really is there left to say about AOL? The fact that Time-Warner was sufficiently embarrassed about being associated with AOL that they dropped it from their corporate name speaks volumes...

Greyhawk
10-18-2003, 01:26 PM
[quote="Brittany(Okay, so maybe it doesn't take much to entertain me...)

Have you seen any innovative, original, or creative advertisements lately? Share your stories of your favorite ads and the funniest commercials with the rest of WebProWorld![/quote]

Brittany have I got a way to entertain you.

The BMW movies. These things are great and all of them are made by differant famous directors.They Star Clive Owen and also have famous guest stars. My favorite is the one called "The Star" Staring Madona and directed by her husband. the Movies can be down loaded at http://www.bmwfilms.com

Greyhawk

vfaulkner
10-21-2003, 12:25 AM
I am not one for downloading music, but I really liked the flash at www.napster.com/bits showing the progress/return of Napster.

The ad(s) for Weightwatchers new Flexpoint system that 'flex' back & forth on mouseover caught my eye a couple of times.

"pods unite"

(I too am amused easily!)

fridays in the bróg
10-22-2003, 08:44 AM
I don't know if you've seen the new Playstation 2 ad's.. they make absolutely no sense.. but are great to watch..
as for entertainment.. some of the best is right here in the break room.
do I need to get out more...

John ;-)
p.s I'm not up early, just 5 hours ahead

jhales
10-24-2003, 03:10 PM
at least we're not still hearing:
"so easy to use, no wonder it's #1 . . . "

Brittany
10-27-2003, 01:10 PM
at least we're not still hearing:
"so easy to use, no wonder it's #1 . . . "

I'm just thrilled they don't make us suffer through hearing "You've Got Mail" for the zillionth time. Oi!!

carbonize
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
I used AOL for a while as it offered the best dial up deal. I soon disabled the email account that came with it though because, even though I didn't use the address, I was getting about 20 spam emails an hour.

vfaulkner
10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
while I wa trying to troubleshoot my brother-in-law's laptop that he upgraded to aol 9.0, I was vaguely amused by the moving icons.
(Calling tech was told to remove 9.0 and install an earlier version due to the number of bugs in 9.)
HMM...