View Full Version : Please review my newest layout
06-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Its seem like everyweek I am changing my layout, I am currently in the process of redoing the ENTIRE thing. I have made some changes to this page
Please review this page (try not to venture too far or you will find yourself in the old design).
I am taking things slowly and dont want to impliment anything to the entire site until I am completely finished...
Please review the upper part of the website and the lower part (as you may notice I havent worked on the middle where the actual content goes!!!)
Tennis Videos (http://www.topspinsports.com/Video%20Analysis/Great%20Points.htm)
06-27-2008, 02:33 AM
here are a few quick thoughts
1. What is wrong with this? Video%20analysis/Home.htm.. There is really two things that jump out. A space is not the best thing to have in a URL as not all browsers or search engines read them properly. Use a hyphen or make it all one word by removing the space. The other thing is every folder has a home.htm. I would change this and name the home.htm to a more relevant name. like video-analysis.htm
2. Your site is live. You may want to make a sub-domain called test or mock-up and make your changes there, then once done move it to the main domain. This will help maintain your site structure and also prevent broken links.
3. Your title is to short. For the page title, the data shows the top ranking pages have an average of between 6 and 7 words in the title with a keyword density of about 17%.
4. Your logo in the header. The mirror of the words is to light to read. I would remove them and make that top header smaller by that much.
5. Link your logo in the top header to the root / home / index page of your site. I know you have a home button but it is common for the logo to be linked and most people click it and not the home button.
6. Do not forget to remove your styles from your code and put them in a external .css file when your done.
I link to see it when it is done
06-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Great help! Your definetely right, I shouldnt be making it live yet, but I got excited...I will be making those changes soon.